PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Vistana Resort, Silver Lake resort or other?

vester
06-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi there!

We need a two bedroom suite for our family when we go to DW in October - We have stayed at Silver Lake before, and its ok, not the greatest. Marriott Grande Vista was awesome, but a bit futher than I'd like from DW with a little one.

Suggestions? What about Sheraton Vistana Resort (not villages) as compared to those two?

Are there other resorts I dont know about that are super close to MK and AK etc? Help. Thansk!!!!!

merlinmagic4
06-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Vistana is super close :thumbsup: Most of the resort has been renovated and is really beautiful. There are 7 pools and some restaurants if you ever want to take a "resort day".

momofdisneyprincess
06-17-2009, 10:40 AM
You can also try Westgate Vacation Villas. It is huge!! It has 10 pools, a little lake with swan boats, and mini golf right at the resort. There are also several BBQ areas. They will provide a Pack 'N Play and high chair for the children. Very convenient! Publix supermarket and many restaurants are all in the immediate area as well. The resort is super close to the back entrance of AK. We actually own there so that is where we usually stay (unless we get a great PIN code from Disney). Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about that resort. I would be happy to help you.

Meteora
06-17-2009, 12:46 PM
We own at Vistana and would recommend it to anyone. It's an easy trip to the parks, as well as to local places to eat, and there are also places to eat (pizza hut, KFC, cafes/grills) and a general store on property. Also a quick ride to either publix or wal-mart.

DigitalDaredevil
06-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Vistana is nice, very close, and convenient for shopping. I haven't seen the rooms since he update, but I was never disappointed staying there.
Orange Lake is a place I love to go. Multiple pools with a lazy river and waterpark area for the kids. Great golfing, a movie theater, putt putt, you name it.
I have stayed at the Grande Vista and was very happy with it. Marriott Horizons wasn't as resort like but still a very nice place, but the Marriott properties are farther away from WDW.
Another place I love is Bonnet Creek. Beautiful and you are in the middle of it all.