PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide which resort!

lulu'smom
06-14-2009, 03:36 PM
We will be at Disney World over Spring Break next year. And I am torn between getting 2 rooms at a Value resort, or 1 room at POR. Which would you choose?

We will be a family of 3 adults, 2 children. So we could fit into one room at POR, but it would be tight. But we would have a nicer pool, complete with slide for the kids and hot tub for the adults. And we would have the boat ride to DTD and shaded resort bus stops. At a Value resort we would have more space, 2 tvs, and 2 bathrooms.

My sis and I keep going over this, but we can't make up our minds. What do you guys think? Is there something else I am missing that would sway your vote one way or the other?

Seasonscraps
06-14-2009, 03:55 PM
As much as I want to say make it work at POR, I just can't see 3 adults and 2 children in one room with out going crazy. I would do the 2 rooms at the value resort to get the extra bathroom and space.

If you are willing to stay at a non-disney resort, someone recently posted a review of their stay at the Sheraton Vistana HERE (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=156014). It sounds wonderful.

sassy2000
06-14-2009, 04:16 PM
I would also suggest the Value resort. You will have more room and an extra bathroom. Also, even though the pools at the values don't have a slide, they are still alot of fun. AS Movies & Music resorts main pools have fun themes to them. If your kids are younger, they may enjoy the the All Star's themes better anyway.

artyboy
06-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Not a Disney Hotel, but the Doubletree across from DTD is a great choice, too. The rooms are HUGE, and would certainly be large enough for your group. We stayed this past March, and were very happily surprised!

Otherwise, I'd say 2 rooms at the Values...I just wouldn't be able to relax with that many in a room!

dizneefan67
06-14-2009, 07:12 PM
I full understand your delimma...that being said here is my thoughts for you to ponder...

Usually a friend and I have gone to WDW, although we did not stay on property at either resorts, most hotel rooms are basically the same size. I have found that many people have said that the value resort single rooms are small and are basically the basics of what you need...no frill and thrills. And POR is nice too but as the one posted earlier, it might drive you crazy.
My solution...is this go to one of the AllStars and get a suite. I think they all have them, Pop is suppose to put in family suites in the future, or thats the rumor! With a suite you will have more room, maybe not 2 baths(?) but if you plan your time around bath/showers, you should be fine! Also, Look at The Sheraton Vistiana Villas, I found them on Southwest site and looked at them and they were awesome for about the same price, 1-2 bedrooms too!

Have a great trip!

Will:mickey:

dizneefan67
06-14-2009, 07:37 PM
The hotel I was talking about is the Sheraton Safari Hotel & Suites, located at the entrance and down the street from Hotel Plaza Blvd. on SR 535 1 bedroom with 1 bath or 2 bedroom with 2 bath...Judging from what I know the entrance to Hotel Plaza Blvd/Disney entrance is probably less than 1/2 mile from this hotel.

The Vistina Village is a little further that I thought, but still close enough. it may be 1.5 miles at the most.

Sorry for the misinformation.

:mickey:Will:mickey:

lulu'smom
06-14-2009, 07:43 PM
I did look at some off-site hotels, but the cost of a rental car would eat up anything we would save by being off-site. Plus, being able to hop on a bus to get around is a huge bonus of staying at a Disney resort. We like to be able to split up if we want to, without having to resort to a taxi.

But I appreciate the ideas. Keep them coming!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-14-2009, 10:19 PM
As much as I want to say make it work at POR, I just can't see 3 adults and 2 children in one room with out going crazy. I would do the 2 rooms at the value resort to get the extra bathroom and space.
I agree. Have stayed at both, and I think after fighting crowds all day (if your spring break is around Easter, you will be...), you would appreciate having a little space when you come back to the rooms. I think the values would interest the kids a little more, and you'd get more of a Disney feel.:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
06-15-2009, 08:44 AM
I also vote for 2 rooms at a value. We stayed at a mod for all of one night on our last trip with 2 adults and 2 kids 10 and 14 and it was cramped. We ended up transfering to the AKL just for the bigger beds and bigger room. It will be really tough with 1 bathroom and 5 people. You could request the rooms that have the connecting door between them so if anyone wants to nap they can do so in one room while the other room can be used for other stuff.

Disney Doll
06-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Another vote for the 2 rooms at the values. The rooms at POR are not huge and I think it would be very tight with 5 people. Plus, having that extra privacy can be a real benefit.

crltkcagle
06-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I think if you stayed in the alligator bayou section of POR you could do it. They offer the little roll away bed that one of the kids could sleep on. Plus the buses aren't as crowded as the value resorts. Guess it also depends on the sizes of the adults.