PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Pool Refurb

VolMickey
06-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, the DW and I decided to swap our ressies from AKL (our usual WDW home) for the Polynesian. It will be our first time there and our trip will be shorter than usual, so being on the monorail is a plus.

Saw some photos on another Disney fansite that showed the pool under refurb. Anyone know if it be open by October?

As first time Poly visitors, any veterans have suggestions for maxing our time "on the islands"?

Thanks!

RobWreck
06-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Make sure to have dinner at O'Hana's and time your reservation with the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom.
Best Poly tip I could think of...
Rob

Polynesian Dweller
06-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I can't find anything online about a rehab of the Polynesian pools. Tikiman's site is the authority about this sort of thing and he has no info like that. Not sure what pictures you saw but everything I can find says its open.

We always go in October and will be there at that time again this year. Make sure you see the Electric Water Pageant from the beach in front of the volcano pool. Should be about 9:00pm in October. Also, Wishes is spectacular from there, but given the time of year there will be on MNSSHP nights Hallowishes fireworks. The Hallowishes finale is unbelievable from the Poly.

For travel to and from MK try the boat launch. Its a very relaxing way to get over there. To go to Epcot, take the 5 minute walk to the TTC and ride the monorail. Faster that taking the resort monorail to the TTC which would take about 20 moinutes. The transportation convenience at the Poly is unmatched on the property IMHO. You can also walk about 7 minutes along the beach path to the GF to enjoy the restaurants there.

Oh, and get a Dole Whip at Captain Cook's for a nice afternoon (or anytime) refresher. Have a great time and might see you there. :mickey:

VolMickey
06-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks! That's what I was hoping. Great ideas, as well. I'll note them for our planner.

big blue and hairy
06-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Sounds like you found a site in bad need of a refurb. Disney re-did the Poly pool a couple of years ago.

:sulley:

VolMickey
06-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Yep. The responses here did help me find Tikiman's site. Wow, what a great resource.

tikiman
06-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I was just at the resort last Monday and everything is in great shape and nothing was being worked on other then a few lights at one of the longhouses. Typically the pool gets some work done on it in February/ March but as of now there is nothing planned to be done to the pool and it was in great shape on Monday.