PDA

View Full Version : Chrystal Palace

4boysmom
06-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi, everyone. Want to go to the Chrystal Palace when we are in Disney this Fall. Should I make ADR for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Which one is better?:mickey:

Gregandmel
06-14-2009, 08:50 AM
We've only done the breakfast buffet and will definitely do it again on our next trip. We made ADR's at 8:05am on a "NON" EMH am so the park didn't open until 9am. The reason we did this was a suggestion here on Intercot, which allowed us to get into the MK BEFORE the park opened. It was wonderful to be in the park around 7:45am and just leisurely stroll down main street without the mass crush of crowds. This was our kids' first visit and I wanted them to be able to take it all in without racing to a ride. The buffet was excellent and the character interaction was a lot of fun. We were done by about 8:45am and were able to be the 1st in line by Adventureland. Good luck and have a blast with whatever you decide!!!

Strmchsr
06-14-2009, 08:59 AM
You can't go wrong with any of the meals. They're all good, but breakfast is probably my favorite meal at CP. If you're using the DDP, though, dinner would be the better value. Breakfast is never a good value with the DDP. It's better to pay for those OOP.

Wrigley
06-14-2009, 09:53 AM
We have also only done breakfast at CP, and love, love, love it! We really enjoy the food, and it's always so nice to get into the park early and get a few pictures of the castle without tons of people in your picture! But, lunch and dinner sound like they are good also. We decided to do breakfast again on our upcoming trip!:mickey:

Cheloconnell
06-14-2009, 09:54 AM
The breakfast food is definitely better than the other meals. If you make ADR's prior to the park opening you can get some good pictures without many people around of Main Street and the Castle. :mickey:

kwhitt3202
06-14-2009, 10:39 AM
we have done every meal there. Last October we enjoyed the breakfast with out DS age 3. Our server was wonderfull made sure we knew a little ahead of time which characterr was coming so we could get the video camers, regular camers, and autograph books ready. We ate so much the food was so good. She even told us to take fruit for later in the parks.Dinner, however, was a different story we waited well past our time for our dinner reservations. I was there at our table for 2 hrs and not one character it took us 30min just to get our drinks and the food was so bad we couldnt even eat it. I tried for 45min to find our server and finnaly got another server to get her then when saw that my husband and son were got asked where they went the characters should be comming soon I told her they left we could eat the food it was so bad and that we could get a refil on our drink because she was nowhere to befound. Her reply was i will get you the check by this time it was 9:00 and not really anything to eat and had been there for an hour and a half, it took her another 30min to get our check.

crltkcagle
06-14-2009, 11:15 AM
The breakfast food is definitely better than the other meals. If you make ADR's prior to the park opening you can get some good pictures without many people around of Main Street and the Castle. :mickey:

Exactly!

joonyer
06-14-2009, 12:02 PM
We've also enjoyed the early breakfast ADR at CP. good food and DW loves Pooh and friends. Get the earliest ADR that you can. When we finished breakfast, we went straight to Frontierland at park opening. We got to ride Splash Mountain 4 times in a row with no waiting!

4boysmom
06-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks for all the great advice. I think we'll do breakfast and I'll make ADR for as early as I can get it so we'll be in the park before it opens. Can't wait to go.:mickey:

momofdisneyprincess
06-17-2009, 02:02 PM
If you can't get breakfast; I LOVE the dinner. It is a huge buffet and a family favorite. We tried this during the free DDP and now always pay out of pocket for it. Enjoy.

MOJoe
06-18-2009, 11:15 AM
We had lunch at CP June 10th. My wife and i agreed the food was the best we have had there going back the last 3 years. In the summer, the CP is our favorite MK place to dine and escape the heat.

Ropachs
06-18-2009, 02:35 PM
We did breakfast last year and loved it, the atmosphere in there just lends itself more toward breakfast time, IMO.

PETE FROM NYC
06-18-2009, 02:54 PM
We have enjoyed breakfast there a bunch of times on past trips. Our Sept trip we have ADRs for 2 breakfasts and one dinner.