PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Pixie Dust Needed

Stitchahula
06-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone a 10 y/o little girl by the name of Lexie needs as many prayers as you can send her. She has Diamond Blackfan Anemia and under went a bone marrow transplant yesterday. The doctors had to stop the transplant after a few hours because she was having trouble keeping her oxygen levels up. We don't know what is going on right now other than her family has asked for as many prayers as possible for her. So please could you remember her in your prayers and send her some pixie dust.:(

faline
06-13-2009, 07:13 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: Hope all is okay!

Itchy
06-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Many prayers and pixie dust for her.
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

merlinmagic4
06-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Definitely sending lots and lots of :pixie: :pixie: and prayers.

RedSoxFan
06-13-2009, 08:52 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Prayers and :pixie: being sent to Lexie!

sassy2000
06-13-2009, 10:47 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Kathy Jetson
06-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Sending out:pixie::tink: for Lexie get well soon.

Stitchahula
06-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Well I just read her caringbridge site for an update. It seems the mom and dad have been switching sitting in her room all night. I know how scared they must be, with DBA you never really want to go to transplant, but because of iron overload it gets to be necessary. (with excessive transfusions iron builds up in your organs and damages them) They are hoping it's the extra volume of fluid that is causing the problem, so they are giving her lasix to help get rid of the extra fluid. If you could continue your prayers that she gets better it would mean so much. Thanks

Stitchahula
06-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Well Lexie made it through the weekend. It appears she is getting a little better. They are doing an ECHO today. I can't imagine what her family is going through right now, how very scared they must be. So it appears that the prayers are working. As far as the transplant goes, I guess even though they had to stop it before they got in all the bone marrow they still got in enough. So even though they didn't get in everything they've given her enough for a successful transplant. Now she just needs to get through this cardiac issue.

laprana
06-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Sending lots of prayers and :pixie::pixie: that she continues to improve and that the transplant is a success!!

mrsgaribaldi
06-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way.

Boojum
06-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Prayers to her and her family!

Stitchahula
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
We got some good news, things have been improving for her slowly. Her heart was damaged during chemo so they've decided to keep her on some meds for the rest of the transplant journey. We are hoping and praying that this was her bump in the road. From what I understand most BMT patients seem to have something happen during the journey. Thank you for all the prayers they mean so much to the family. Lexie still has a long way to go, where this is just the being. She is a remarkable little girl, she was even excited that she finally started to lose her hair. I would be freaking out over that. Thanks again for all the prayers they were certainly answered as she's doing better.

momofdisneyprincess
06-18-2009, 02:00 PM
So glad she's doing better. I will continue to say prayers. It is absolutely amazing to me how strong children can be in the face of adversity. :grouphug::fingers: