PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Transport?

Gator
06-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Transport to parks is really important to me, and so I'm wondering how transport is at Boardwalk (thinking about it for my next trip). I know Epcot is really easy, as it's just a walk away. But I've heard that there's no bus to Disney Studios. If that's the case, how long do you end up waiting for a boat? I'd imagine that it gets quite crowded. And I was looking at satelite maps, and it looks like a looooong walk.

My other option is going to AKL, and I've heard that bus service is really slow there.

iheartdisney
06-13-2009, 04:34 PM
The walk from DS to Boardwalk is not long at all...maybe 10-15 minutes? My daughter and I walked from DS to Beach Club a few times this last trip and beat the boat every time.

As far as bus service at AKL? We found it to be the quickest bus service we had ever experienced. We were there late Nov. - early Dec. and had a wonderful visit. The fact that the transportation to any park is bus had always kept me away (my kids love the monorail & boats). But after we tried AKL we not only came away LOVING the resort, we ended up appreciating the bus service. We've waited longer for bus transportation at BC/YC and then you have to drop off guests at other resorts. AKL transportation is dedicated to AKL - that's it. No bus sharing! A big plus in my book!

DizneyFreak2002
06-13-2009, 06:51 PM
The boats also go to DHS if you don't want to walk...

DizneyRox
06-13-2009, 07:50 PM
It is usally quicker to walk from Boardwalk to Epcot or MGM. I have never been beaten by the boat.

The walk to Epcot is pretty easy. MGM is a little longer, but not bad. In January it's cake, in July, it's a very hot walk. I still recommend using foot power whenever possible.

As far was AKL goes, I've never had bad bus service there. People are voicing concerns as of late, so I'm not sure what to say. I do stay there whenever we can and visit the lodge often if we aren't staying. Never had a problem.