PDA

View Full Version : More Days = Cheaper Tickets = Better Idea?

WDWdreamer87
06-13-2009, 04:02 AM
:confused:I am planning on going to DW from October 29th - 31st of this year with four others.
We are wanting to know this:

Should we buy a 9-day MYW base ticket instead of buying a 2-day ticket since they will be cheaper? We wouldn't use but the 2 day (possibly 3 day) tickets, and could possibly pass off the tickets to an unexpecting group as we leave.

Is this defying the system and not allowed?

It would save us A LOT of money (college kids!)

76.00 dollars for 3 days and 26.00 dollars for 9 days.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

VWL Mom
06-13-2009, 05:58 AM
I'm not sure why you would want to do this. I think you are looking at per day prices. The 2 day ticket on wdw web site is 149 (74.50/day) and the 9 day ticket is 234 (26/day) so you would be paying for something you are not using. Also, park tickets are not transferable.

DizneyRox
06-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Only buy what you will use, it will be cheaper.

Any tickets you pass off (if it were legal to do so) woud be unusable by anyone other than the person who first used the ticket. Ticket are now marked with the original users biometric information and that is checked each time the ticket is used.

DisneyWFan
06-13-2009, 08:16 AM
With the new Biometric scanning ( the finger scan ) only the person that first used the ticket will be able to use it from then on so no you can't pass them on this is why WDW did this. They stopped a lot of people from buying tickets, going in and passing them to someone else to enter. I also agree with PP that the per day price may be lower but the over all price would be more

fupresti
06-13-2009, 04:15 PM
As other have said, I think you are looking at the per day pricing. Magic Your Way tickets get cheaper the longer you stay, you would still be paying for the whole length of the pass. a 9 day pass at $26.00 per day would still cost you $234.00, more expensive that the 2 or 3 day pass you are interested in.

Tickets are non-transferable, so you can not give them to anyone else or sell them.

WDWdreamer87
06-14-2009, 05:27 AM
I completely forgot about the finger scanning, and knew there was a reason behind the whole "26.00 vs. 76.00" pricing.

Thanks again!

:mickey::thumbsup: