PDA

View Full Version : Rides into Movies instead of Movies into Rides

DakotaDisney
06-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Disney has done this already successfully with some like "Pirates of the Carribean" and not as successfully with others like "Country Bears", but what ride or show at WDW would you turn into a movie?

We have had posts about what movie would you like to see made into a ride or show, so how about going the opposite direction?

They should be ones that haven't all ready been movies.

DakotaDisney
06-12-2009, 11:59 PM
How about taking Fantasmic and making into some type of live action movie with animated characters in the real world?

Different characters from different shows throughout the years coming together to bring back the dreams of kids or battle the nightmares.

It would be fun to see old and new characters interact with each other in different environments.

DizneyFreak2002
06-13-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't think rides should be made into movies... But hold on to your hats cause there are two rumored movies based on attractions:

Jungle Cruise and Tomorrowland...

DisneyWFan
06-13-2009, 08:21 AM
You forgot Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror ( This one was on Disney Chanel and is now on DVD)

What about Expedition Everest

disneycutie165
06-17-2009, 01:26 PM
I cartainly agree that expedition everest & fantasmic should be movies. May i also suggest space mountain? or kilimanjaro safaris! ive heard recently that disney studios is planning to make jungle cruise into a movie. i don't know if this is fact but i think its true! cant wait to see it!

Dixie Springs
06-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I like DisneWFan's 'Expedition Everest' idea. There's enough of a back-story, and I don't think the Yeti has been used that often in recent films.

It can work - Pirates did, Bears/Haunted did not, but I don't think that has much to do with the rides. If they had the Pirates' producers & cast for a film based on the Magic Kingdom stroller rental, it would have worked.

DakotaDisney
07-06-2009, 07:00 PM
If they had the Pirates' producers & cast for a film based on the Magic Kingdom stroller rental, it would have worked.

Magic Kingdom stroller rental, now that would be a movie!! :D ha ha, that's funny! Good one, Dixie Springs.

candleshoe
07-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Figment Movie!!!!!

DonaldDuck1117
07-31-2009, 11:10 PM
As long as they make Jungle Cruise into a slightly darker/serious movie it could work and work well. If it is all about the puns and lame comedic gags than count me out.

And just to clarify it a little bit more, Pirates is a slightly darker movie while Haunted Mansion was not.

Make Jungle Cruise PG-13 and it has potential.