PDA

View Full Version : need help or suggestions

skidizmo
06-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Going to travel to disney with two adults using ECV. Where would be the best place to stay and what place in the parks can't they go. Shows would be a plus rider are out anyway.

HELP HELP:mickey:

VolMickey
06-12-2009, 06:13 PM
I had to "resort" to one (pardon the pun), last summer after some big-time foot problems. There was nowhere that I wanted to go, including entrances to rides, shows, restaurants, etc. that I couldn't go. Got some frustrated looks when they had to load the thing on the resort buses as it takes a few minutes, but that was the extent of the hassle. I'd do it again, if I needed to. It made my vacation possible and I didn't have to skip a beat.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-12-2009, 07:17 PM
We've done Disney with an ECV after my Mom's knee surgery last year.

There was no where in the park that she couldn't go or do. Disney is just wonderful at making sure that everything is accessible.

If you can afford it, stay on a monorail resort, then you don't have to worry about the busses as much. The only "hard" part of the trip at all was getting on and off the busses, but even that wasn't a big deal.

ElenitaB
06-12-2009, 10:20 PM
If you both going to be using ECVs? In that case, I would suggest NOT staying at a value resort as the rooms are smaller and you might have trouble fitting both ECVs in the room. Just a thought.

PETE FROM NYC
06-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Other than some of the kiddie rides like Alladin or Dumbo, about the only attraction not accessible is Swiss Family Treehouse. Its all stair climbing, and a boring attraction IMHO.