PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July fireworks

tink2006
06-12-2009, 11:00 AM
We will be arriving on the Fourth (early afternoon). We are not planning to go to any parks. Do you know the best place to view fireworks? Is there a bigger "bang" for the fourth? Does DTD do anything special for this day? I think we have been there before for the Fourth but I obviously do not remember anything "out of the ordinary".

Thanks for your help!

faline
06-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I'd suggest the beach at the Poly but I know that they sometimes close access to all but guests on special nights like this one.

tink2006
06-12-2009, 12:04 PM
I'd suggest the beach at the Poly but I know that they sometimes close access to all but guests on special nights like this one.

We are staying on property. Does this mean guests staying at the Poly only?

Scott C
06-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Also from a not so small town in Indiana--we are also arriving late afternoon on the 4th. I have my fingers crossed that MK will not be closed to us. I don't care how crowded it is I just want to see the show. Maybe by the time that we get checked into POFQ some of the day crowd will have thinned enough for us to get in.

Thanks
Scott C

Scott C
06-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Would the view from the TTC Dock be similar to the poly???

I doubt that they would have the sound there though

Thanks
Scott C

DizneyRox
06-12-2009, 01:05 PM
We are staying on property. Does this mean guests staying at the Poly only?
Yes, that's what it means.

Also from a not so small town in Indiana--we are also arriving late afternoon on the 4th. I have my fingers crossed that MK will not be closed to us. I don't care how crowded it is I just want to see the show. Maybe by the time that we get checked into POFQ some of the day crowd will have thinned enough for us to get in.

Thanks
Scott C
Make sure you have a backup plan. This year is a toss up on what crowds will be like. Last year, it was a ghost town (relatively speaking) but normally, MK and Epcot reach capacity on the 4th. Usually by about 11am, it may not open back up later in the day, but you never know.