PDA

View Full Version : Envelopes For Mousekeeping?

Luv4WDW
06-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Let me just start out by saying that I am NOT asking whether or not to tip Mousekeeping... I don't want this to get ugly! I am just curious, in the other thread I saw a post in which somebody said that there were times when even when they had the envelopes addressed to Mousekeeping, they didn't take them. This is my first "grown up" trip to Disney, and I think I'd like to tip them, but if they don't take the envelopes, what do you do? Has anybody else had this same problem? Thanks! :mickey:

cer
06-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I label my MouseKeeping envelopes with "Mousekeeping" and the day of the week and leave it on the ledge of the mirror or in the sink. They have always been taken.... :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
06-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I label my MouseKeeping envelopes with "Mousekeeping" and the day of the week and leave it on the ledge of the mirror or in the sink. They have always been taken.... :thumbsup:

That's exactly what we do and it always works. If you just leave the money out they might think it was not meant for them so we always put it in a labeled envelope and place it on the ledge of the mirror. They are sure to see it when they tidy up the vanity area.

egospotter
06-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I was one of the people who said that my envelopes were not taken. I labeled them Housekeeping and left them very out in the open - I think on the bed. For about 3 days they were not taken. So I took the money out and set it on the bed with the little folded card they leave in the room with their name. After I did that it was taken every day.

It seems that from what others say that this is a rare occurrence. Maybe I had a new person who wasn't sure to take it. I don't know.

Worst case, you make the envelope, they don't take it and for the rest of the week you have to take the money out, like we did.

medic9016
06-12-2009, 11:40 AM
When we stayed a POP a few years ago, ours were not taken. My DD had colored the envelopes and Mousekeeping was on the front. We left them there all week. I gave them to my DD to keep when we left.

figgie
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Ours have always been taken. We put ours on the mirror above the sink. We have left money on the table before and it was not taken. I think it depends on the Mousekeeper and some might be new or might not be sure. Keep trying though, they deserve your effort to get them their tip.

brownie
06-12-2009, 04:35 PM
We've never had a problem, but it's been a few years since our last trip. We always left them on the sink. It might be helpful to put both English and Spanish on the envelope.

Cinderella's mom
06-12-2009, 08:01 PM
We tipped a couple of days ago, but realized that they were not being taken since I did not leave their name on it. After I put Mousekeeping (even on a sheet of paper), it was taken every day. I always forget the envelopes! Maybe this year...

Kathy Jetson
06-13-2009, 01:48 AM
I don't do envelopes but I put the money on the nightstand with a note for housekeeping. they always took it.

DNS
06-13-2009, 08:31 PM
We have always just left the money on a pillow. No envelope, no note. It has always been taken. Not just at Disney, but all hotels.

GottaLvDisney
06-14-2009, 06:53 AM
We used decorated envelopes for our last trip. We put them out on the table each morning and they were always taken. We'll be doing them again this year b/c the kids had such a great time w/the decorating.

PixieMagic
06-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Our last trip (2006) I made Mousekeeping envelopes for every day of the trip and propped them up in the bathroom against the mirror - every day they took them and DH thought it was so cute that he took a picture of it on the last day! :thumbsup:

Nanners
06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
We just got back last night and we had left an envelope on the vanity marked 'Mousekeeping" and had a smile on it. It was taken every day. There were several days that we had left a note requesting extra towels along with it. We left with 2 adorable towel animals. :)