PDA

View Full Version : Newbie advice needed!

Alligirl
06-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Hello Everyone!
A friend of mine is going on a first trip and has asked me for help/advice! (Yay!!) It is a family of four DH, DW, and DD's 2 & 3 yo. They are going in August with free dining and staying at POFQ. Since my kids are in high school and college now I'm sure there are those of you that can give more pertinent advice. Also I have visited but never stayed at POFQ, what can you tell me about it?
Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!!:thumbsup:

betteratmk
06-12-2009, 09:55 AM
:number1: We love POFQ, it is very pretty and one of the quieter resorts at Disney. If noise is an issue for her children at night maybe request a room away from the pools. She should love it there.

StitchFan#1
06-12-2009, 10:10 AM
on my sig I pretty muchj meant this resort as our home! We love this resort so much its so quiet even by the pool. The rooms are very much like caribbean beach but are like new orleans-ish. Its very very beautiful theree. Every building is just about a two miniute walk to the food court and bus stops. One of the worst thing I can think of is the loooooonnng walk to riverside. If you dont mind a 20miniute ridde you can hop on a boat to downtow and shop. The busses do not come as often for dtd because this resort has boat acess. The food court has beignets wich are like fired dough with powder suger on em thir yummy but extremly messy! I hop you found this helpful:blah:sorry for talking to long

Mr. Smee
06-12-2009, 10:16 AM
StitchFan#1 is right about everything. The resort is small and quiet. The walk to Riverside is abut 10 minutes. POFQW has no Sit Down Dining. It is all food court. But for us, that means a quick breakfast and a dine and go off on our day. POFQ is by far our favorite Moderate, and the resort we keep coming back to.