PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP and Dining

estein80
06-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I am currently trying to plan our family trip for October. One night while we are there we are going to MNSSHP (this is our first time going). I know that we can go eat at Tony's, but I'm not sure I want to spend that amount of time there as we will be taking our (then to be) 15 month old DD. As a result, I think we will probably be leaving after Hallowishes. DH is not a big fan of CS for dinner and definitely prefers TS, but I'm leaning away from TS.

My thoughts are to get a decent late TS lunch someplace before heading over to MK, but, honestly, not really sure where or when. I'd love to hear what other people do.

Pop Centurion
06-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Have you considered the Crystal Palace? It's an all you care to eat buffet with characters from Winnie the Pooh which should keep your 15mo old from getting cranky. The food is really good IMO and we make sure we go every trip. You could even do an early dinner instead of lunch and still not miss any of the halloween party.

Lunch & Dinner menu's are here:
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp

estein80
06-11-2009, 08:14 PM
We actually went there last trip. She had a good time, but I think we were hitting a cranky point, an early dinner might do the trick this time around. Will have to give it some thought, we were thinking about doing Donald's Safari Bfast, and I'm not sure we want to do 2. I'll have to run that by DH.

Thanks for the suggestion.:mickey:

Dsnygirl
06-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Having been to MNSSHP for the first time two years ago, sans children (they were home in NY with my MiL ;)), and STILL feeling like we didn't have enough time to enjoy it all... I'd go for a CS meal, or a TS meal in MK before the party starts. It's really a great, fun time, and if you're thinking you'll be leaving early, you'll want to spend most of your time enjoying the party. We have really enjoyed our CS meals at Cosmic Rays and Pinocchio's, and have done both right before parties with little wait. I hope you have a great time, no matter what you guys decide!

(and btw, we're going again this year, with the kids, and we'll be doing a CS meal at Cosmic Rays before the party. :))

Disney Doll
06-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Last year we ate a Cosmic Rays before the party. It wasn't too crowded and I have always liked their food. I think that we'll stick to that plan this year as well. We are in a similar situation with a little one who will need to leave early so we like to eat a CS meal and get on with the party.

Aggie97
06-12-2009, 03:20 PM
We also ate at Cosmic Ray's before MNSSHP last year. We did not want to spend any of our party time eating dinner! :mpumpkin:

DizneyFreak2002
06-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Last October, before MNSSHP, I ate dinner at Crystal Palace... 5:15 seating.. Got out by 6:15 and had the whole night at MNSSHP.... I am heading down in October again this year... I want to book dinner before MNSSHP elswwhere this year... I an thinking Ohana or 1900 Park Fare since they are on the monorail line...

momofdisneyprincess
06-17-2009, 02:05 PM
We ate at the Crystal Palace before the party last year. Our ressies were for 4:30 as we had two small children. I believe they let you in at 4:00 with the MNSSHP ticket.

Mickey'sGirl
06-17-2009, 02:13 PM
We are going to have a late lunch over at the Wave (at the Contemporary), then back to the resort to swim/hang and then we will go to MNSSHP late in the afternoon. We can grab something to eat at Cosmic Ray's later in the evening...

Our only other experience with MNSSHP was to eat at Pinocchio's Village Haus once we got to the party. That worked well, and we like the fresh sandwiches offered there.

Have a great time! :mickey: