PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Hayride

disneyaholic46
06-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know if the haunted Hayride at Fort Wilderness still runs at Halloween time, we have heard that it is a lot of fun.:mickey:

medic9016
06-14-2009, 04:53 PM
It did run last year. I would guess it will continue this year also.

joonyer
06-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Last year they switched to a Haunted Carriage Ride; the haunted hayride (wagon) was no longer offered, although I think regular (non-haunted) wagon rides are still available. Haunted Carriage rides last fall were $60 per ride (4 adults max or 2 adults and 3 children(9-under)). Kinda pricey! :eek:

crazeedizneefinatic
06-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I would call Disney direct for the answers. We wanted to do this last year and was told by disney several times it no longer existed..I kept reading on the boards that people "had just done it" and how wonderful it was.....I was told by Disney last year that it was replaced by a haunted carriage ride..believe me I called numerous times and talked to different agents, even called the resort direct.....anyway, the cost was somewhere in the range of $40-$60 (somewhere thereabouts) per carriage and it sat 4. The driver narrated the story of sleepy hollow.... I am still confused on whether it exists or not guests say it does and Disney says it doesn't? I would be curious as to what they say this year....we never did the carriage ride last year because it started a few days after we left. I would love to know what you find out.

joonyer
06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Last fall it did exist, but as the Haunted Carriage ride (not a hayride, which had a per person price in the past). We camped at FW in October and inquired about it and saw the carriages and talked to one of the drivers about it before we decided not to spend the $$. The price was in fact $60.00 per ride (max 4 adults (over 10)).

RobWreck
10-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I was looking into doing the haunted hayride for my upcoming trip and found out that they are no longer offering it. It was a great time when I did it back in the early 2000's, but the castmember said my best option was to just email guest services.

I took that one step further... if you'd consider reading and signing my petition, I think we could all appreciate the results. :D

[Petition link removed by board moderator per Intercot Terms of Service]

RobWreck
10-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Petition can be found on Change.org, titled

Walt Disney World: Bring Back the Halloween Haunted Hayride at Fort Wilderness

DonaldDuckUSA
10-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Where do we go to reserve a Haunted Carriage Ride? Can I do it online or by phone? If we wait until we arrive, will it still be available to reserve the day of?

RobWreck
10-07-2013, 04:53 PM
That's the point of my petition. They stopped offering the Halloween Haunted Hayrides at Fort Wilderness. It was a really great experience, hence my efforts to get Disney guest services to bring it back...

WDWdriver
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM
FW does not list any "haunted" rides available for guests this year. However, they do still offer horse drawn carriage rides each evening from 5:30 'til 10:00 at half hour intervals. You probably won't be pursued by the Headless Horseman, but you might get your driver to tell some spooky stories along the way.

Also, horse drawn wagon rides are available by reservation. This would be an option for groups that have too many people for the carriages.

DizneyRox
10-08-2013, 04:01 PM
That's the point of my petition. They stopped offering the Halloween Haunted Hayrides at Fort Wilderness. It was a really great experience, hence my efforts to get Disney guest services to bring it back...
They sold the wagon used for the haunted hayrides on eBay a few years back. It's almost certainly not coming back.

Susan A
10-27-2013, 04:40 PM
We walked through Pioneer Hall last week. There were signs for carriage rides and wagon rides. None of the signs had a "haunted" ride listed.