PDA

View Full Version : What time does the digital TV switch happen?

alphamommy
06-11-2009, 01:18 PM
This doesn't really matter, but I've been wondering if there's a set time (midnight?) when the switch to digital TV starts, or is it just a case that all stations must be switched by June 12?

Just curious...

Tick-Tock
06-11-2009, 01:24 PM
From what I've read, the stations are allowed to choose whatever time during the day. A lot are going with late Friday night, so folks might not see a change until they get up on Saturday morning.

fupresti
06-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I would steer clear of Wal-Mart and Best Buy on Saturday. I get the impression a lot of people will be flooding the stores looking for converter boxes.

2Epcot
06-11-2009, 03:30 PM
From what I've read, the stations are allowed to choose whatever time during the day. A lot are going with late Friday night, so folks might not see a change until they get up on Saturday morning.

That is correct. There is no one time that all the stations will switch over. Each station has their own time they will do it, they just all have to be done by the FCC deadline.

MNNHFLTX
06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
In the Houston area, the TV stations will start switching over beginning at 11 p.m. on Friday.

Ed
06-11-2009, 10:19 PM
A few of our locals are doing it mid-day. :shrug:

bicker
06-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Here, a few are doing it at noon, one at 1pm, and the rest later, at midnight.

The one station moving frequencies is doing it at midnight, so tomorrow morning folks will have to rescan to find it.

drummerboy
06-12-2009, 12:55 PM
We in SE North Carolina have been switched over for several months now. We were a test area to see how it would work. so far, our world has not come to an end. :D

DizNee143
06-12-2009, 04:00 PM
We in SE North Carolina have been switched over for several months now. We were a test area to see how it would work. so far, our world has not come to an end. :D

lol! :D

Hull-onian
06-12-2009, 06:26 PM
They have been announcing for midnight tonight in MA.:mickey:

bicker
06-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Unfortunately, Sunbeam, the folks who own WHDH, made a really bad choice. They switched back to Channel 7, and now only a small fraction of folks in the Boston area can receive their signal.

Oops.

thrillme
06-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I heard rumors that we had a handful of problems here. Mainly a couple of stations switched but it didn't work right some people had to "reboot" their antennas.

We still have a SMALL handful of people complaining but for the most part it went smoothly. The people who were complaining they weren't ready...SIGH...they had PLENTY of time.