PDA

View Full Version : Rule of Four

patandtwins
06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Can someone clarify this rule? I have a trip to HH booked for July 23-29 and was thinking of adding a few days at Disney. We are a June use year. Is it too late to book 3 nights at a Disney Collection Resort?

GAN
06-12-2009, 03:25 PM
It's a little confusing, but this is the way I understand it:

You CAN NOT book and travel within the last 4 months of your Use Year(UY). But, you CAN travel within the last 4 months of your UY if you booked your stay more than 4 months before the end of your UY.

Since you are a June UY, I would say that you are fine -the restriction involves those last 4 months(Feb, Mae, Apr, May). I believe standard booking rules would apply for your dates in July.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong -- or call Member Services to confirm.

patandtwins
06-12-2009, 07:59 PM
GAN- Yep. You have it right. I called DVC. Thanks :mickey:

Seasonscraps
06-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I never heard of this. My use year is February. This means that in November I can't reserve a trip for January?

Does anyone know the reason for this rule?

Thanks

patandtwins
06-12-2009, 08:16 PM
You can for the DVC resorts, but the other places are a trade and must be reserved before the last 4 months of your use year or you can reserve if you are vacationing after your use year. So you can't book AND travel within the 4 months prior to your use year month, unless it's one of the DVC resorts (like Hilton Head or Beach Club Villas).

Seasonscraps
06-12-2009, 08:37 PM
ahhhh!!! thanks!

DisneyDudet
06-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm brand new to DVC, and this doesn't count toward the WDW DVC resorts, correct? Just anything other than that (ie a WDW non-DVC resort, but excluding DLR resorts)?