PDA

View Full Version : Q re: grocery availability at resorts...

Dsnygirl
06-11-2009, 12:31 PM
We have used Garden Grocer in the past for all of our trips, primarily b/c we don't want to do a grocery stop on the way to the resort (if we are using a towncar service) or can't do one b/c we're using ME.

This next trip will be the same in regards to not using a grocery stop on the way to our resort -- we're thinking of bringing most of our dry goods from home in a carry-on, which we will then use for souveneirs on our way home. The prices here are just so much cheaper than having them delivered.

That being said, we obviously can't pack milk or OJ or anything like that! ;)

We've never really looked at what is offered at the resorts... I am assuming we can buy a 1/2 gallon of milk and OJ and fresh fruit, but want to be sure. And besides those items, do they have things like yogurt, or anything like that? (and are the prices ridiculous, or pretty close to grocery store prices??)

Thanks -- I'm really hoping to avoid having to have GG deliver this time, if all we need are a couple of refrigerables.

:thanks:

dmallan
06-11-2009, 03:44 PM
1/2 gallons of milk are available at the resort gift shops. We paid about $3.00 last year which is more than at the grocery store, but definitely better than paying over $1 for a 1/2 pint in the food court. We bought the 20 oz bottles of juice at the gift shop as well. The fresh fruit I think you'll have to get at the food court. We paid $1 for a banana.

megustamex
06-18-2009, 11:38 AM
You can also get bread, cereal, lunchmeat, donuts, kraft singles....you pay about 30% more than the grocery store.

offwego
06-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Yogurts are only available at the food court as well. The prices are a tad higher than grocery stores but you may come out ahead of the delievery charge if your not buying too many items.

Aggie97
06-18-2009, 01:38 PM
We've found that the resorts that also have DVC units seem to have much larger grocery selections than non-DVC resorts (which makes sense). :mickey:

Kairi_7378
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Personally, I would stick to cereal and granola and things like that for breakfast. Those are the things that are great to carry on the plane. For yogurt or fruit I'd rely on my sides/ desserts if you're doing the DDP. In order to get my fruits I ordered the kids' fruit salad as my dessert in a few places.