PDA

View Full Version : First Visit To Dl

DONROCK
06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Planning an October visit; our first time. Would you suggest 4 or 5 days for a first time to the parks? Also, is weather usually warm enough in the middle of October for swimming?

Appreciate your help!

wdwnutz
06-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I would take as many days as you can so that you can take your time through the parks since it is your first visit to WDW. October is usually warm is enough for swimming. Sometimes it is a little bit chilly in the morning and evenings.

robnadina
06-10-2009, 04:09 PM
4 days is plenty of time to see the 2 parks. You will be able to take your time and really enjoy everything there is to do. 1 of the days I would suggest one of the guided tours. Personally, I have never been (have been dying to but no opportunity) but I have heard nothing but great things about them. Especially the behind the scenes one.
October is usually when it starts getting very chilly in So Cal. Seeing as how you are in Baltimore, I know my definition of chilly can be vastly different than yours. Temps are usually in the upper 60's during the day and can get down to the upper 40's at night. We have had some warm days in October in the past, so it really is a guess. Whatever you plan, I hope you enjoy your trip!
Good Luck Planning

NotaGeek
06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Planning an October visit; our first time. Would you suggest 4 or 5 days for a first time to the parks? Also, is weather usually warm enough in the middle of October for swimming?

Appreciate your help!
4 days is plenty of time to see everything. October is a great time to visit DLR ... just remember that the 1st weekend is Gay Days and the park will be packed -- so if you are looking to maximize with less crowds it's the middle weeks that would be best.

Most of the hotels around the resort and the DLR Hotels have heated pools, so it might be a little chilly by SoCal standards, but the water will be warm. I don't think I have ever visited the resort and not seen people swimming!

Crowds will be really low Monday-Thursday, but the park hours will more than likely be reduced as it's off-season. Weekends are always crowded and Disneyland is open until Midnight.

Take advantage of the Halloween Time party at DCA if you can ... it's a lot of fun!

DONROCK
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
THANK YOU!!!! You all have been VERY helpful!

FRANKTASMIC
06-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Becareful that you don't go on Columbus Day. Oct 12, 2009. We made that mistake last year and didn't realize that a lot of SoCal schools are out for the holiday. It was really busy. The Holloween decorations are awesome. So have a good time.:thumbsup: