PDA

View Full Version : Okay - Give me last minute ADR Making tips

tss22
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Tomorrow is my 90 day window so I'm calling at 7:00 A.M. But do I really call at 7:00 A.M.? Or should I call at 6:58? etc.

Also, I guess I should have my reservation number handy?

We're planning on dining with another group staying on a different reservation. Do I need their reservation number too? We're staying at a Deluxe while they are staying at value. Is this going to cause me problems?

Any other tips for getting the reservations I want?

azcavalier
06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
My wife always checks the Magic Hours schedule when making the ADRs. Tries to get the restaurants in the parks that are open late that night. Or maybe she shoots for the parks that *aren't* open late so they're less crowded...i'll have to ask :)

tadshome
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I would be calling at 0658hrs!!! You should have your reference handy as they will require this for the 90+10 day rule. You will not have any problems making reservations for both parties using your reference. I did this for our bookings a few weeks ago and they said it was no problem and booked everything under the one reference :)

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I just made my reservations this morning. I called right at 7am and was disconnected, called right back and waited for about 5 minutes.

We are going with friends who are at a moderate and we are a value, and we are going for two weeks and they are coming for the last week we are there.

I was able to get all the reservations we wanted. i needed my confirmation number, but not theirs. I could make their reservations with ours during the second week, so you won't have any problems.

I would call right in the am though as I understand that the adr fills up quickly. I now have to call each day at 7am for the rest of the reservations, but boy was i doing the happy dance when i got everything i was looking for.
Chef Mickey, Le Cellier, Teppan Edo, Coral Reef, Askersauras, Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine and a cat 2 seating at Hoop de Doo.:number1:

Good luck with your reservations!

KylesMom
06-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Don't make your reservations in order of the days that they occur. Make them based on what is the most important to you - and the ones that you know will go quickly. Also take into account that the larger the group, the more difficult it will be to get the seating you want, so place the ressie with your friends in your lineup before the less important smaller ressies. Good luck to you! :number1: :mickey:

wdwnomad
06-10-2009, 10:52 PM
I agree with everyone. Start calling around 6:58 until you get through. Then once you get through make the reservations in order of the harder ones to get. For example, if you wanted LeCellier start with that one. If they don't have what you want on that day then have a back-up plan where you could switch days around. Chef Mickeys, CRT and O'hanas would fall into this category. Another tip for these types of places is to try to book them as far into your stay as you can allow. The reasoning is because the further out you are booking the less spots would have already been taken by the people who could book ahead of you.

Another thing I have found out is the ADR system returns times 30 minutes after the time you request. In the old days, if you wanted 6:00 pm it would say no but there was a table at 7:00 pm or 5:30 pm. Now if you ask it is only going to look at 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm. So if they say no then ask for 5:30 so it will look for 5:30 to 6:00. If you get a good agent they play around with your times without you asking. However, I have gotten a couple that don't do it and I needed to ask them to check a different time frame. That said, I think this why ADR calls are taking alot of time now because CM's have to keep quering new times. So be prepared for it to take more than 10 minutes.

Best of luck. Hope you get everything you want!

KAT1811
06-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Don't make your reservations in order of the days that they occur. Make them based on what is the most important to you - and the ones that you know will go quickly.

Fabulous advice!

Make sure you start calling at 6:58am. Just keep dialing until someone picks up. Sort of like trying to win a radio contest!

Since you seem fairly new to the whole ADR thing I would recommend posting your restaurants here and we could help you prioritize them. CRT first, Le Cellier second, etc.

Keep in mind that WDW books in 5 monute intervals. For instance a 5:00 may not be avaliable but they may have a 4:55 or a 5:05.

I have never been asked for my confirmation number, just where I was staying but I would have yours on you just in case.

Good luck!