PDA

View Full Version : Options for getting from Airport to Boardwalk

jcvalenti
06-09-2009, 06:42 PM
My sister and I are travelling down for our trip next Monday. We've each got families of 5, and we're each renting fullsize or SUV vehicles that only have room for 5 passengers. Problem ? My dad is also going down with us.

My other sister will already be down there with her family of four, and is meeting us at Epcot that day. After we get there, she's got room to shuttle dad around to our rental house off-property.

So .... my question is this: Right now we plan to have my sister who will be down there drive to the airport and pick my dad up - a pretty big inconvenience for her. Are there any other good ways to get from the airport to the Boardwalk ?

Anyone know what a cab ride would cost ? How about a limo ride or something ?

I don't think the bus ride will work for dad ... we don't trust him on his own :)

sainter
06-09-2009, 09:01 PM
He could take a towncar. Quicksiver is a sponsor on this site:
http://www.quicksilver-tours.com

garthbarth1
06-09-2009, 09:19 PM
I seem to remember before ME there were shuttles at the airport that were available for Disney Guests. I cant remember if you had to make advanced reservations or if there were just out at the curb like taxis waiting for people to come off their flights. They do stop at all resorts where people are staying, so it may not be a direct route, but I remember it being a fair price....around $20.00 or so?? HTH

Pirate Granny
06-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Mears makes a mini-van ride for $19 one way that you have to share...DD took it last year when we stayed at Shades of Green, so she couldn't take ME. Worked out well, you make a reservation and check into their desk...she shared with only two other people and the van left 5 minutes after she arrived at the Mears desk...a very reasonable fare...especially for one person.
:pirate:

LovinWDW
06-09-2009, 11:25 PM
We have used Quicksilver no less than 8 times and will continue to use them. They are the best! Always on time, very helpful with your luggage, very professional and polite. I have told several friends about them and all have had a great experience. Try them.:thumbsup:

jcvalenti
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I looked at both the Mears site and the Quicksilver site and both seem doable ... but I can't really understand what the cost would be from airport to Boardwalk ... can anyone help with what the out the door cost would be ?

Sharing a shuttle would be fine for him.

Ed
06-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Have you considered renting one passenger van instead of two SUVs? Most of them seat 12 to 15 passengers, have space for lots of luggage, and the rental companies at the airport have a very large supply of them. And since you're staying off-property, you'd only be taking one vehicle to the parks (translated = only ONE rental fee, one gas tank to fill, one toll charge, and one parks parking fee). Driving them is not much different from a large SUV - just a bit longer and taller.

jcvalenti
06-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Have you considered renting one passenger van instead of two SUVs?

Thanks, TiggTigg5, for the suggestion. We did briefly consider that, but there are too many days during our trip where our respective groups of 5 are planning to go our seperate ways. Plus with little ones in tow, you don't want all 15 people to be subject to the whim of one 3 year old having a meltdown. We think seperate vehicles works best for us so that if someones kids need an early bedtime, they can just go.

TheRustyScupper
06-11-2009, 08:35 AM
1) Towncars do work.
2) But, expect about $55 one way, plus mandatory 20% tip.
3) Not bad per-person if there are 3-5 people.
4) Taking the MEARS shuttle is far cheaper for one person.
5) Spending $20 s far better than spending $65.
6) Plus, it relieves your sister the time/trouble/money of picking him up.

jcvalenti
06-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Mission accomplished - got dad a Mears shuttle ticket to the Swan resort to meet my sister. $20 prepaid ... about the same as what it would cost in gas and tolls to have them come pick him up.

Only 4 more days and we're in the World again !!!!