Mammabruski
06-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Cast:
Me (almost 7 months pregnant)
DM (gracious host)
DD (age 2)

Dates:
May 25th through June 2nd

Thursday morning arrives and my DM is feeling better. Today is our day to go to HS. We get to the park right around 9:30 and head straight to the fast passes for TSM. After waiting in a substantial line, we have passes for 2pm. This morning we see Disney Playhouse (but sit too close, DD can't really see the puppets) and then play at the HISTK playground. Since my mom is still not at 100% I chased my DD around for about 30 minutes before we're both too hot and worn out to do anything but go back to POP and sleep.

Our ADR for the night is at H&V for 4:10 (only time we could get with the Fantasmic package). After dinner, which is just ok, we do TSM, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and TGMR. At this point we need to head over to get our seats for Fantasmic (at the designated hour) and it starts to rain. We arrive and the CM at the gate tells us its standing room only...and I ask - even with the dinner package? She replies that maybe we'd get seats in that case. Well I say, I'm seven months pregnant and there's no way I'm standing, especially with the dinner package, and we notice tons of people streaming out of the theater. So we decide to give it a go. As we walk up, they are announcing that the show has not been canceled, but then it starts thunder and lightening as well as raining hard. My DM and I decide it just isn't worth it. So we head home.

The moral of that story is that the dinner package doesn't guarantee you a seat, even if you arrive on time.

Friday is our morning just to hang out and relax at POP, and my DM is at pretty much 100%! :party: We're still bummed that the baby pool is closed, but DD has tons of fun at the Goofy splash pad and hippy-dippy pool. After nap we head to Epcot for our ADR at AH. DD wore her Snow White dress and was thrilled to meet her. The princesses were great and we met Belle, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel as well. All DD's favorites! We changed DD into something more comfy and I find us a great spot to watch illuminations while my DM and DD check out some Kidcot stops. DD didn't like illuminations as much - it was much louder than Wishes. "Fireworks too loud" she says.

Saturday we spend all day, except for nap time at Epcot. We got there right after opening and DD got to see the characters at the Character Spot. No waiting at all. She loved it! We then saw Nemo and Turtle talk and check out the aquarium (DD loves fishes and Nemo), then saw Figgie. It was pretty hot out and after visiting Pixie Hollow (it was the last days of the Flower Festival) and getting very hot, we suit up DD and take her to the little splash fountain by the bridge to the World Showcase. She played for about a half hour, then it was time for our ADR at CR. This was the only meltdown DD had the whole trip. She did not want me to get her dressed in dry clothes. After gearing her up we stopped behind the Character Spot to let her calm down. Her crying jag lasted all of 5 minutes. That was it. What a trooper!

At CR I was very disappointed to find out they just changed the menu and the lobster salad and soup was no longer available. This was the only reason I wanted to eat here! That's a bummer as DD says. Our waiter was really bad (only bad one all week, so what are you going to do). DD was a little too far away from the aquarium to really be into it, so it wasn't as cool as I hoped it would be. We then headed back to POP for naps.

After nap we came back to Epcot to check out the World Showcase and have dinner at Sunshine seasons. We strolled the "World" until just before 9 and headed home. This was the second day of our trip with no rain!

So that's part two...and now onto the conclusion!

BluewaterBrad
06-09-2009, 05:32 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Looking forward to your conclusion!:mickey:

faline
06-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Your daughter is really enjoying the characters! Hope you got lots of wonderful pictures!

vizsla
06-14-2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
06-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
06-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks for sharing. Very nice report.