PDA

View Full Version : Friends Car Got Towed

JulesScot
06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
This happened to a friend, I have forwarded their post from a British Disney Forum.......

"On Saturday night my family & I dined at Sizzler, accross from pointe Orlando. We parked our vehicle in the pizza hut parking lot (9100 International Drive) because the Sizzler car park was full and upon returning to the vehicle after around 1 hour, it had been removed.
This was very frightening. As you drive into the parking lot there is a sign (Apparently Florida Law states you only require 1 sign displayed) informing you that 'This is a tow away zone'.
Although we dined no more than 20 yards away from where the car was parked, we were in the wrong.
So, we are now $125 lighter, but just beware when parking your vehicle, and make sure you pay attention to any signs.
Lastly, and most annoyingly, the staff with Pizza Hut, 9100 Internattional Drive, found all of this absolutely hilarious, and couldn't resist standing about laughing at us.:mad: Dont Park at this pizza hut if you are not dining there. The tow vehicles actually wait in situe, I think it is know as Predatory Towing."

Just a warning for anyone who wasn't aware of this.

Jules xx

BluewaterBrad
06-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm something sounds fishy here!:mickey:

JulesScot
06-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm something sounds fishy here!:mickey:

Can I ask why you think its fishy - I was just posting what had happened to a friend and they wanted others to learn by their mistake.

Jeri
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I am not surprised this happened. Most places don't allow parking in their lot if you are not doing bussiness there. I think they are probably lucky if they were able to find where it was towed too. Around here they don't and a lot of the times won't tell you who towed it.

I have seen areas that are tow-a-way zones and yes they ususally only have one sign, however the ground is painted too to show not to park there.

Sorry to hear that this happened to your friends, however it sounds like they did something that is not allowed and found out the hard way.

VWL Mom
06-09-2009, 05:09 PM
We have a Pizza Hut near us that uses part of the lot of a very popular Chinese Restaurant. There is one small sign for 10 spaces. Seems like the same type of deal.

TheRustyScupper
06-09-2009, 05:15 PM
The tow vehicles actually wait in situe, I think it is know as Predatory Towing."

1) The newspapers and politicians call it predatory.
2) Even one else calls it justified.
3) Orlando is overrun with illegal parking.
4) This takes spaces from others who need them.
5) If you illegally park, you deserve to be towed.

6) Keep it up tow boys!

MNNHFLTX
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Justified or whatever--not the greatest PR for Pizza Hut. :shake:

Polynesian Dweller
06-09-2009, 11:51 PM

Yes, but actual patrons of Pizza Hut not being able to park and so not having a meal there is worse PR.

Seasonscraps
06-10-2009, 02:04 AM

I dont see it that way at all. Quite the opposite actually - good for them watching out for their cutomers.

MNNHFLTX
06-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Yes, but actual patrons of Pizza Hut not being able to park and so not having a meal there is worse PR.True, but the employees standing there and laughing at them seems crass to me, especially if folks might not have seen the sign. That is why I avoid I-Drive like the plague when I am in Florida. The traffic is horrible and there is never enough parking anywhere. It's a true tourist trap that brings out the worst in everyone. :shake: