PDA

View Full Version : Who Misses Adventurers Club?

nicster
06-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Just had to put it out there. As we get closer & closer to our trip at the end of September, we realize how much a part of our whole WDW experience the Adventurers Club was. I suppose we are still grieving... anyone else???:(

Cinderelley
06-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Right there with ya!

Daddy Mouse
06-09-2009, 02:07 PM
DW and I always had a good time there. It was the only reason we went to the area formerly known as Pleasure Island.

nicster
06-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I think the only reason that we will go to DTD this trip will be to see circus soleil. Otherwise we would have been there 3 or 4 evenings out of our 8 night stay!

figgie
06-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Adventurers Clib and The Comedy Club were always my favorites. I even got to go up on stage and do the play thing twice at the Adventurers Club. Glad we got it on video!

AHOTE
06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Adventurers Club and The Comedy Club were always my favorites. I even got to go up on stage and do the play thing twice at the Adventurers Club.

:ditto: :sob:

beksy
06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
We will definitely miss it. It was the first "club" type atmosphere my sister went it (she was 19) and even though we don't drink, we had a fabulous time. I think we are still in mourning. :(

AdventurerKim
06-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Adventurers Clib and The Comedy Club were always my favorites. I even got to go up on stage and do the play thing twice at the Adventurers Club. Glad we got it on video!

Same here! At AC, DH and I were pulled up on stage for the radio show on separate occasions. I'm so glad for the photos! We never miss AC and CW on a trip and miss both tremendously. AC and CW were unique experiences to our WDW trips, especially AC. It's a travesty both are now closed. I'm so glad we made a last trip in September to see the shows one last time.

nicster
06-10-2009, 01:05 AM
I had NO idea about PI & AC closing, until we were planning our trip for September 2009 in April. In the middle of the night I woke up & realized that all of the info about park hoppers etc. never said a word about PI... that made me VERY uneasy. In the morning I started doing some looking, and to my horror I found out the horrible truth. :ill: Yes, I was sick!

Granny Jill A
06-10-2009, 01:52 PM
It was a huge favorite of mine. Loved the club, loved the actors, even loved that goofy barstool :D

The rest of Pleasure Island paled in comparison to this one-of-a-kind totally Disney attraction.

Hope all those great castmembers know how much we loved them.

Bear
06-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Some fans got together and formed a non-profit group(Congaloosh 2009) and rented out the AC for a private party. They had an essay contest and I WON!! I'm so excited! I won one ticket to the event. They are having dinner and 2 library shows with the full AC cast! There are also a bunch of other events that weekend. Guest speakers and "meets" and a banquet. Can't wait! I miss the Cloob terribly! It was one of the main attractions of WDW for me and my trips will be less frequent now that it is gone. Still holding on to the hope that they will open it back up!
Kungaloosh!

nicster
06-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow! What a great adventure! Please do a post on this, I would love to read the details! When in September?:secret:

BluewaterBrad
06-11-2009, 04:59 PM
We miss it a lot!! What fun we had!!:confused::mickey::mickey:

DigitalDaredevil
06-16-2009, 02:49 AM
I hope Disney comes to their senses about the AC. It was so unique and has such a huge following. Those that don't like it probably never went into it.
The CW was great too. Never a bad show.
DTD was a nice place to visit any time of day. We would hang out, shop, and just enjoy a slower day there. The Marketplace is nice, but the West Side was the most enjoyable if you ask me. Pleasure Island was also special, but I see how it lost it's magic over time due to outside forces.

steamboat willy
06-17-2009, 06:37 PM
So many people post.....What do you do when the parks close. Daaaaah . . . Adventures Club would have been listed by a lots of folks. :marg:
We will be there in September, we would have made several evenings at AC. :marg:
I will miss Dottie and her feather duster! :)

brownie
06-18-2009, 05:26 PM
We never made it in there. Our trips have been too short with too many other things higher on the priority list. I think it is a bummer that it's gone.

sagitarius
06-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I just bought 2 tickets to the September 25th Hoopla. HOOPLA!

There are only a few more left (by a few, I mean less than 11). So get 'em while you can.

I'm so exited! I can't wait.:party::yay::joy:

Just search Congaloosh.

Kisobel
06-25-2009, 07:02 AM
right there with you- we bought our tickets months ago. changed our oct trip in to a sept. we miss the AC.

kate

Bear
06-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Yay! I just booked my room for Congaloosh 2009!! Glad to see that there are other intercotees going, as well. I am so excited! I've been checking the official web site and facebook daily, waiting for more info. I'm surprised there's not more chatting going on there. 90 days!! Woo hoo!:thumbsup:

nicster
07-07-2009, 10:41 PM
I want to hear how it goes, keep us informed:thumbsup:

DigitalDaredevil
07-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Other than the CW, the AC was the place to go. A must on every trip. Just to walk in and feel that special atmosphere. To sit in the mask room and just relax until a mask talked to you.
I miss that place second only to Horizons. DTD used to be a magical place just to be in. Now it isn't as nice as it used to be.
I liked the Virgin store. It was cool to have such a big media store that made you feel like it was something different. Now those stores are gone, gone, gone.
The whole DTD idea needs some serious tweaking.

PetefromRI
07-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I really think that they will bring it back in one form or another.It really was a fun night out!

ShanPooh
07-15-2009, 12:07 AM
My in-laws just got back a few weeks ago and they really missed the AC not being there. They were there w/out our kiddos, so they could have really enjoyed it!
We were sad to see everything all sectioned off when we went last September. We have great memories of AC and CW. Wish they would at least bring those two clubs back!!!