PDA

View Full Version : Boma and Food allergies

Familyof4
06-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Has anyone with food allergies--specifically peanut, milk, egg and tree nuts, eaten at Boma? If so, were you able to have many options? If so, can you give some examples. Thanks.

P.S. This is for my 7 year old son.

BugeyedMuggy
06-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Boma is very careful about food alergies. Most are labled & we asked about one selection and they were very helpful.

gauvin4
06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
We ate at Boma about a month ago and DD18 is severely allergic to peanuts. We were very impressed with the way the food was labeled if it contained nuts.
Don't forget to carry an epi-pen just in case. DD carries hers everywhere!!!

vicster
06-09-2009, 12:30 PM
My husband has a dairy allergy and the chef walked him through the buffet and told him what he could eat. Very helpful!!!

ThanxForNoticin
06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
If you have any doubts about anything at Boma, just ask. The staff there is amazing, very helpful, and very proud of the food they are serving you. They can make absolutely sure you have no issues with the allergies.

figgie
06-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Yep, the chef walked us around and told us what we could eat that was gluten free, DH is a Celiac. He even offered to make something he though we would like and brought it out to us. No place better for food alergies than WDW!

jiifigment
06-11-2009, 01:28 AM
I have to completely agree. DD and I are both celiacs. The chef not only showed us what was ok on the buffet, he volunteered to make us pasta or whatever else we missed, AND brought us a dessert he made specially for us. It was WONDERFUL!

We've been to Boma 3 times. This September will be #4! Wouldn't miss it!

disneyfanfromoz
06-13-2009, 12:18 AM
We had breakfast at Boma about 10 times on our last trip but only had dinner once. They were fantastic at all times (well after a couple of breakfast's we had the peanut safe food organised so didn't have the chef every time) at dinner the chef walked me around to tell me what was peanut free and safe to eat, but I have to say that we did not return for dinner again, not because we didn't enjoy it and not because the staff including the chef were not fantastic because they were. It was because they served peanut rice and this terrified me, I was worried that one of those little grains of rice would drop into a sauce or something from somebodies plate (by accident or course), so we did not go back for dinner.

Breakfast was delicious also and no peanut rice, so as we were staying at AKL (for 3 weeks) we ate there many times for breaky and it was probably the best food of all the breakfast's we had on that trip.

LibertyTreeGal
07-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I am allergic to seafood and there is a lot of it hidden at Bomas. I informed one of the chefs and he PERSONALLY came out from behind the counter and guided me through the line and protected me from my allergies. I could not have been more impressed!

I am sure they would have no qualms about doing the same thing for your son :mickey: