PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service for Food Allergies

Familyof4
06-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I have a child with food allergies and have rec'd all of the dietary paperwork/menus etc. Just curious if it is possible to pre-order for Counter service meals, for example in the morning for lunch. I am just trying to avoid a huge wait and a longer wait for people who may be behind me:-) Has anyone heard you could do this??

figgie
06-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Not really possible for counter service to pre-order and yes it will take longer to wait for your allergy free food but isn't it worth the wait to get food that is allergy free? Where else can you feel safe at a fast food place, I know I don't anywhere else for our food. At least it is available, I remember when it wasn't!

Familyof4
06-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I just thought I would ask. I do love how great they are with allergies. I joke with my Husband that we can go out to eat as a family if we fly 2 hours, but can't drive 2 minutes from home without an "eat at your own risk" warning. This is one of our favorite vacation spots because of it.

kcrc
06-12-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure what kind of allergies you are dealing with. My son has a peanut allergy, and they have been very quick in preparing anything special that was needed. Sometimes the manager prepared him his own fruit cup for dessert (so they knew there was no cross contamination). There were times they brought out new, unopened things from the back to avoid cross-contamination. Nothing ever took very long though. You will be fine!! :thumbsup: