PDA

View Full Version : Go to WDW and NOT go to the parks

tink2006
06-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Just wondering....Anybody done this before. We are planning a trip next month (just decided last night). My husband and DS16 have always talked about playing golf at WDW. I am not a golfer. This will be a very short trip 2/3 days of golf and one day at epcot. I thought I could lounge by the pool. resort hop, maybe take in a spa. We have been to WDW many times maybe it is just time to enjoy some of the many things Disney has to offer (besides the parks). It sounds soo relaxing! That said.....Can I be at WDW and NOT go to the parks?

llamaface
06-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I would do it in a heartbeat!!

gauvin4
06-09-2009, 09:09 AM
We just did that last month. We were only there for 4 days. Arrival day we went to Cirque du Soliel, 2nd day DHS, 3rd day resort hop & dinner at Boma and 4th day Blizzard Beach. We had a wonderful time. It is a different kind of trip, more relaxing, but still alot of fun.

Seasonscraps
06-09-2009, 10:08 AM
I just did this a couple of weeks ago. Here's my trip report All Resort No Park Getaway (http://http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=156013)

TheRustyScupper
06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
1) We have frequently done WDW, but not the parks.
2) It is a totally different, and relaxing, experience.
3) When done, we usually
. . . golf
. . . spa
. . . swim
. . . do Afternoon Tea at GF
. . . take a cocktail and live music at GF or POR or POFQ

Mousemates
06-09-2009, 11:07 AM
While we have never done this totally, we have made several trips where we on a week stay we have only visited the theme parks on a couple of days. Those trips, by the way, have been some of the more relaxing and enjoyable trips we have taken.

Dream'nDisney
06-11-2009, 01:22 PM
While not avoiding the parks, we are going to try to kick back more this trip and stop and smell the roses. Since it is going to be July heat and crowded when we go, it is going to be hard not to force my family to get up early at get to the parks though! LOL

tink2006
06-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Well, Ressies are made and tee times set. My son and husband are SOO EXCITED. It is wonderful to be able to give them the opportunity to share something they both love. I also need to destress......

I had forgotten about cocktails and live music at POR :thumbsup:

My goal for the week: find the best hotel for our next stay......:mickey:

Daddy Mouse
06-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't know if I could do this. No I'd have to go to the MK and EPCOT.

I love to golf but summer golf at WDW with the heat and humidity wouldn't be much fun. Good luck let us know how you liked it.

PetefromRI
06-14-2009, 11:11 AM
We're thinking of doing kind of the same thing.We each have a 1 day base ticket and am thinking of adding one day on each.We'll stay at the POFQ for 4 nights and do DTD for meals and a couple of resort dinners and hit the MK one day and Epcot on another.The weather has to be hot for swimming though in order for it to work for us.

tink2006
06-15-2009, 11:07 AM
I love to golf but summer golf at WDW with the heat and humidity wouldn't be much fun. Good luck let us know how you liked it.[/QUOTE]

We LOVE it hot and humid. I know we are strange group of people. After a long hard winter....the hotter the better :secret:

twinboyz
06-17-2009, 11:04 AM
I think it sounds like a great idea..but I have to confess, I don't know if I could do it.

When we went last Spring, we only went to EPCOT and MK...my two favorite parks. It was great--we were there for 5 days four nights, so the rest of our trip was very relaxing. It was great to do a little of both.:mickey:

brownie
06-17-2009, 11:46 AM
I might consider it if we were able to go more often. It would be really hard for me to be that close to the parks without setting foot in at least one of them.