PDA

View Full Version : ADR's

#1donaldfan
06-09-2009, 07:51 AM
I've got another dumb question.....

....what happens if part of your party cannot make the trip and they are included on the initial ADR's....??? Can you remove them early and keep the ressie's, or do you lose them entirely and are forced to eat out of vending machines ??????? we are only 5 days out and the thought of popcorn and slim jims all week is sorta scary.....!!!! another thing is I'm not completely sure they are not coming, it's going to be a last second thing ???? any help or advice out there ???:confused:

DizneyRox
06-09-2009, 08:12 AM
The reservation system runs on table size. So, if you are a party of two, Disney only looks for openings for a table for two. YOu won't be seated at a table for 4, 6 or 8 if they are open. If there are no more tables for 2, you will be told there's no availability.

If you cancel people off your ADRs it's possible the table size will change and there won't be ay availability for a table of your new size.

If it were me, I'd hope they come, up until the last minute (which is when you check into each restaurant). At that point, explain that some last minute problems arose and the rest of your party won't be arriving.

Slim Jims for a week isn't good for the heart.

DakandZakMom
06-09-2009, 08:34 AM
A different question the opposite of this. What if I have ADR's for 3 and need to add one more person. I have managed to have all but 3 of them changed. They don't really just have tables for 3 do they?? Most of the tables would be for 4 right?? They tell me there is no availability for the 1 extra person. What should I do in this situation??

DizneyRox
06-09-2009, 10:42 AM
That situation might be a problem. I wouldn't say that they don't have tables for three. Showing up with more than what they are expecting could run into all sorts of issues. One of the big ones is occupancy.

You may be able to sneak a person into serveral places (I would call and check) but if you can't, be prepared to find an alternate eating location with room for everyone.

#1donaldfan
06-09-2009, 12:58 PM
The reservation system runs on table size. So, if you are a party of two, Disney only looks for openings for a table for two. YOu won't be seated at a table for 4, 6 or 8 if they are open. If there are no more tables for 2, you will be told there's no availability.

If you cancel people off your ADRs it's possible the table size will change and there won't be ay availability for a table of your new size.

If it were me, I'd hope they come, up until the last minute (which is when you check into each restaurant). At that point, explain that some last minute problems arose and the rest of your party won't be arriving.

Slim Jims for a week isn't good for the heart.

...that's basically what I had in mind to do .... and yes, slim jims would certainly not do the ol' ticker any good...:ack:

bruin1344
06-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Last year when i went to lecellier we reserved a table for 2 and then 1 more come onto the trip so it was 3. We tried to call and the change the reservation 3 but ADR people said we couldnt. We still kept the reservation at 2 anyways and they were able to accomodate the 3rd when it came time. Maybe that was good luck.

eeyore27
06-09-2009, 07:29 PM
We are going as a party of 4. What if for some reason one of the members chooses not to go to a meal once we are there. He is planning on meeting up with another friend in the world. Should we just make all our ressies for 4 and assume the restaurants would accomodate us for 3 if he should decide not to come for one of the meals? I don't want to cause any problems at the restaurant, but would hate to miss out on a meal because one person could not come.