PDA

View Full Version : Excursions and Children

Dr. Disney
06-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Okay, I know I'm going to take heat for even asking this questions.. but can the DW and I go ashore, or even on an excursion and leave DS (10) and DD (5) with the kids club? Do the pagers even work that far?

Don't get me wrong, by all means we want this to be a family trip! But there are excursions DW and I want to do that the children are either not old enough for, or they just wouldn't be interested (especially for the price).

Also (as a side question).. we're considering sailing in October (2010).. how are the cruises in October, other than possible hurricanes?

Thank you all in advance for any input! It's been awhile since I've posted in Intercot.. it feels great to be back :mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Okay, I know I'm going to take heat for even asking this questions.. but can the DW and I go ashore, or even on an excursion and leave DS (10) and DD (5) with the kids club?Yes, you can leave your kids in the kids club. Just keep in mind that the lab does give you the option of allowing your 10 year old to sign themselves out of the lab.

Do the pagers even work that far?I don't know the exact distance, but they work pretty far. For example, from the ship over to the adult area of Castaway Cay.

RobWreck
06-09-2009, 08:30 PM
October was GREAT when the mrs and I cruised on the Wonder over Halloween back in 2006. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Beautiful, sunny, warm... of course it is hurricane season still, so you're taking your chances. But at least the ship can steer around some bad weather and give you clear skies...
Rob

Dr. Disney
06-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Thank you both so much for your quick responses.. I cannot seem to find much on the internet about this.. especially about keeping kids behind. I suppose it's kind of Taboo and nobody wants to admit they've done it, or at least considered it :thedolls:

Imalismom
06-10-2009, 07:15 AM
I have read many many trips reports all over the internet (I love travelLog), that parents do leave their kids. I think you may be surprised at how many do, so you will not be in the minority. I do not know how far the pagers work though. If I remember to, I'll try to ask while I am onboard next month for you.

Dr. Disney
06-10-2009, 05:31 PM
You know.. I never even thought about checking trip reports.. I'll look there next. I'll start with your suggestion!