PDA

View Full Version : Best DVC resort for busses

Ropachs
06-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I've been reading a lot of the pros and cons for all the DVC resorts and am having trouble deciding, I want to try them all ;)
It may come down to bus service for us, so which resort(s) do you think have the best wait times, etc?

dlpmikki
06-09-2009, 03:45 AM
That's tough. With places like BCV, BWV, VWL and BLT you share the resort buses. I don't actually think any of them are great (I've never understood why premium resorts around Epcot and MK have to share buses). VWL has a boat to MK so not many bus options to there. SSR problems only likely to get worse with adding treehouses. OKW a big resort so takes 15 minutes just to go round the resort if you get on the first stop or off the last.

All resorts have pros and cons and location pluses/minuses. I'm afraid I don't think the buses are going to help you decide between them.

VWL Mom
06-09-2009, 07:11 AM
VWL also offers bus service to MK, takes about 5 minutes, was rarely crowded in Nov. Early Nov. DHS, Epcot, & AK were direct, DTD shared with GF.

lwith58
06-09-2009, 07:54 AM
I would think either BCV or BWV be best since you have several transportation options. If I understand it correctly you could walk, boat or bus to DHS and EPCOT (although the walk to DHS may be a bit too long).

Priority Four
06-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Ditto BCV and BWV. It can be a long walk from the front of EPCOT through the back entrance to the resort.

Rosanne
06-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't have much to compare, since our stay at Saratoga Springs was our first with the DVC, but I have never been more pleased with the bus service at a Disney resort.

Because of it's location, they do not share a bus with other resorts. At the end of the night, when there were lines wrapped around several times, our line never had more than one filled.

Also when we did online check-in, we requested to be close to transportation, and we were literally a two minute walk to the buses and a one minute walk to the main building.

Hope this helps!

Rosanne
06-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Also, I know somebody mentioned the treehouse villas. That won't really change anything because people staying at the treehouse villas have to get off at Saratoga and take a separate bus from Saratoga to the Treehouse.

Maleficent's Dad
06-09-2009, 10:59 AM
If I was to venture a guess, I'd say that BLT is going to have some pretty good service. Walk to the MK, monorail to EPCOT, buses elsewhere.

Mikki makes the best points above...

MinnieMommie
06-09-2009, 07:12 PM
My experiences make me think that AKL, SSR OKW and VWLhave the most challenges related to busing. You can take a boat to MK from VWL or a boat CR and take a monorail to Epcot or MK. It is easy to get to DD from SSR where you can catch a bus to the parks and resorts as well. This is also true of OKW but although you can take a boat to DD from both you can also walk to DD from SSR. :mickey:

patandtwins
06-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Last summer we did half our trip at BWV and half at VWL. BWV had terrible bus service (we got stuck at a water park at midnight, all alone with 5 kids) and we were told that they get pulled to cover other stops if needed(like when Downtown Disney closes- hence the above incident), but they have the boat or walking option to Epcot and HS(which is fabulous to take advantage of). The bussing for VWL was better. Our Jan. trip at SSR had long bus waits too. The Contemporary was wonderful with the monorail, so BLT will be nice. We've eaten at AKL and remember bussing to be long as they are "out there" on Disney property. We ate at OKW too and don't recall anything bad about the bussing there.

Ropachs
06-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all the input! I'm thinking we may try to get into the BLT for the monorail, probably a longshot though...:(