PDA

View Full Version : March Trip - Good time to go?

andypooh
06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Considering a trip in March and I was wondering what people think. I know it is spring break time for everyone. How bad are the crowds? How is the weather?

doombuggygal
06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Went this year in March 21-28

Pros:
Good deals, we got buy 4 get 3 free
Weather was nice, not too hot and I don't think it rained at all
Parks have nice extended hours to help with the crowding, if you don't mind being up late these are great. One night my daughter and I stayed in MK until 2AM. After 10pm the park was practically deserted and we pretty much walked on to every ride in the park in that 4 hour period.

Cons:
It was crowded due to spring break but I think the spring break crowds don't start until the 2nd half of the month so if you go early March you may avoid these

I recall saying when we got back that we would never go back again during the spring break period due to the crowds but now in hindsight we probably would mostly due to the good promotional prices they always have that time of year. Anyway a crowded day at Disney still beats a day @ work/school/home,etc. Also, even despite the crowds we were still able to hit all of our favorite attractions at least twice if not more. You definately need to have somewhat of a plan for your day and be at the parks when they open and use Fastpass wisely to try to get ahead of the crowds. Hope this is helpful.

civilmousefan
06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
My last trip was in March of 2007. I felt the crowds were very manageable. Some areas seemed more congested than others - like the area around IASW at MK - many families with young children. Because we were staying on property we were able to take advantage of extra magic hours and were able to get the 'must dos' completed with very little waits.

The problem of crowds was a bigger issue at the airports. Everyone traveling to any destination seemed to arrive at my home airport at the same time.

I hope this helps and have a good trip if you decide to go.

faline
06-09-2009, 11:47 AM
The whole period from Presidents' Day through Easter week is part of the busy spring break season at Disney. Some weeks are better than others but it's not possible to predict which are better as it depends on which schools are off and how many of those folks decide to head to Disney.

Gregandmel
06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
My sister in law and her family always go the very 1st week in March and they say it's a great time to go. Mostly walk-in or 10-15 minute waits for most rides. Weather can be variable, so bring both shorts, and sweaters. Spring Break in the Midwest is Mid-March but I don't "think" there are any that are way earlier than that, but not sure. I would imagine that the closer you get to Mid-March, the heavier crowds will start to pick up. Make sure you check when Easter is also. I know sometimes Easter can be early (like towards the end of March) and if so - then watch out!! You get a double whammy of Spring Break AND Easter crowds.