PDA

View Full Version : Should we go over Labor Day Weekend?

andypooh
06-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Considering a trip next year that would include Labor Day Weekend. We usually do our trips from a Saturday to the following Sunday. If we went over Labor Day Weekend I am assuming the first weekend and Monday Labor Day itself would be packed? How about tuesday and the rest of the week. Do the crowds drop A LOT? Thanks.

Itchy
06-08-2009, 10:16 AM
I have gone the week just before Labor Day and have arrived on Labor Day to start my week as well.

I must say that this is one of the best time that I have found to go.

The downside is that you have the chance of either tropical storms or hurricanes, and of course the heat.

The crowds are great and we have either walked right onto rides or have little wait.

I am going mid August and am hoping for smaller crowds since I have not been during this time period.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

Basket Mommy
06-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Our 2008 trip started Wednesday, August 27th and lasted until Tuesday, September 2nd. Monday the 1st was Labor Day.

We won't ever go back for Labor Day weekend. We're used to going in December (1st 2 weeks) and late January, and I found the crowds too large for us. Add the heat factor (mid to high 90s for us) and it was just awful. We spent a lot of time in the BWV pool. Thank goodness for the pool.

faline
06-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Actually, I've found Labor Day weekend to not be too bad. You do find an upswing in crowds for the weekend - primarily in the Magic Kingdom but still found it manageable.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Actually, I've found Labor Day weekend to not be too bad. You do find an upswing in crowds for the weekend - primarily in the Magic Kingdom but still found it manageable.

Same here, and the day after Labor Day is great! The week following is a wonderful time to go!

PETE FROM NYC
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
DW and I will be ther from 9/4-9/13, hoping for moderate crowds too.
Look for us, we are both Pooh sized and wearing funny hats.
Enjoy your trip.