PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP during FREE dining!!

tcswife
06-08-2009, 08:50 AM
We we be at WDW Sept. 20-27, and I wass curious if anyone had expierenced an overcrowding at the parties during free dining. We were there last year after free dining period the week of Halloween and the pary that we choose to go to was so crowed that it was like being there on a major holiday!! Any info would be very useful, I am game to skip the party if it way to crowded!!!:mickey:

egospotter
06-08-2009, 09:24 AM
We were there last year at the exact same time and I can tell you that it is a great time to go! The crowds are very thin, just about the only ride we waited any length of time for was Toy Story Mania, every thing else we walked right on.

The restaurants will be busy - but our strategy last year was to make ADRs for when places opened or close too it so we wouldn't have to wait.

We went to the Magic Kingdom on a Tuesday that had MNSSHP that night and there was no one there. We had the whole park done by 5:00! The park closed to the public at 7:00 so I think that a lot of people didn't go there that day because of that, but it was great for us. The line for Splash Mountain was posted at 5 minutes all day but we walked right on about 3 times. I think the 5 minutes was in reference to the amount of time it takes to walk to the ride!

Because of my husbands job we have to go 8/29 - 9/7 this year and I am bummed. I think we were spoiled the last couple of years.

joonyer
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM
MNSSHP's have a fixed number of tickets available for each party (of course Disney does not release what that number is). But usually, the only parties that sell out are those on Halloween night or the dates closest to it. So the crowd factor depends mostly on the date you choose to attend (and the weather), and not the free dining promotion.

We went one time when it was pretty rainy and the park seemed practically empty. We got really wet, but had a great time anyway.

tinksmom02
06-08-2009, 01:38 PM
I think the crowds will be manageable for you. We were there last year (although a week earlier), and didn't wait in any lines for trick or treating and ode BTMRR and Splash 3x in a row (front row, most of the time!). There were lines to meet some of the characters, and I remember Main St being pretty crowded, but nothing above an beyond any other day that we've ever been (of course, I've never been at the "peak" times, so my version of crowded is different).

Oh, we did the Tuesday night party. We're doing it again this September, too!

crltkcagle
06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
We attended MNSSHP in 07 during free dining and it wasn't crowded at all. I do believe they only sell a limited number of tickets.