PDA

View Full Version : How do you switch resorts mid-week?

Gregandmel
06-07-2009, 05:34 PM
We are considering splitting our stay between POFQ & WL - staying at POFQ on a Saturday night through Tuesday night, then switching to WL and staying Wednesday - Friday night. How do you do this? If we wanted to be at rope drop Wednesday morning at a park, do we check out of the hotel before we leave, and do what with our luggage? How do we transport everything mid-day? Not sure if it's worth the hassle or not, but we REALLY would like to stay at WL for part of our trip, but our budget won't allow for the entire trip. Thoughts anyone/?? Thank you!!

ctennis
06-07-2009, 05:52 PM
It's very easy.

You check out just like you normally would, and take your luggage to bell services. Tell them you are transferring resorts, and they will tag your luggage and transfer it for you.

Later in the day, you will go the WL to check in. If your luggage has already made it over, it will be waiting for you at bell services at the WL.

The time it shows up could vary, so make sure you have any extra important items with you during the day.

faline
06-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Too funny! We are doing exactly that on our next trip! We will start our trip at Port Orleans French Quarter and will be switching to Wilderness Lodge mid-trip.

I'm not sure exactly how we will handle it this time around. We've only done one other split trip. That time we started at Pop and switched over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. On that trip, we opted to take our luggage with us and check in at Animal Kingdom Lodge so we just took a taxi over from one resort to the other.

Unlike you, we were not pressured by needing to be anyplace and any particular time.

Mitzie
06-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Call us crazy, but we did a split stay our very first time there. Started at POR and headed over to BC. It worked great for us. They do move the luggage for you..I think it showed up around 2 in the afternoon. We were there at the end of Oct. so it wasn't a real busy time. The big thing to remember is if you are using the dining plan that food credits are attached to each resort res. and need to be used up by midnight of the day you check out. We thought it was a great chance to see more than one resort and it did feel like different vacations in a way.You can see from my info. below we are doing another split stay in Dec. Can't wait to see these two new resorts.

SFD998
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
We did this for the first time in February. It was more of a forced issue than a choice, but we decided last minute to go and were using our DVC membership for the first time. It was either switch resorts or don't go. Obviously not going is never an option. We went for seven days and switched either rooms or resorts 5 times. Only once did we stay in the same room for two nights. I wouldn't really recommend this, but overall it all went very smoothly. We would be ready to check out for whatever time we were trying to get to a particular park and have our luggage transfered over. I think they told us to give them until 3 p.m. for our luggage to arrive, but it was always there before that. It got a bit complicated with the dining plan, but only from the stand point of making sure to use the proper cards and not lose any meals.

Our April trip had been planned without having to do this, but then we decided to drive and save the airfare. In doing so we changed our dates and had to switch resorts again. This time though the first few days were at SSR and the remaining were at OKW. The single switch was a dream compared to February and it gave us a chance to experience resorts we otherwise would not have.

I would be willing to do this in the future, especially if it was giving us a chance to see new resorts.