PDA

View Full Version : Which fireworks cruise?

bunnicula
06-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I had posted about putting together a special birthday event, and got a lot of great ideas! My mother decided that she wants to go on a fireworks cruise... but doesn't know which one.

Assuming I can actually get the cruise booked when we hit 90 days, has anyone tried the Wishes or Illuminations fireworks cruises? Which one do you suggest? And, if I call first thing when reservations opens at 90 days, is it still going to be a challenge to book?

Thanks!

faline
06-07-2009, 06:24 PM
It is a challenge to book. We did the Wishes cruise a few years back when we took our daughter and son-in-law to Disney World. I had to get up early two mornings in a row. The first morning I was unsuccessful but the second I was able to secure a booking.

As there are a limited number of boats, the bookings do go quickly so be sure to call promptly at 7:00 a.m. and book as quickly as possible.

I can't answer your question as to which is better as we've only done the Wishes cruise. We greatly enjoyed that one!

Dizneydreamin'
06-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I went on the Illuminations cruise about 3 years ago with my family and loved it!!! We had a great driver and the view of the fireworks was awesome! This time we are going on the Wishes cruise. I was able to book it very easily at the same time as my dining reservations.:mickey:

SebastiansDisneyMama
06-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Can I ask about how much do these cruises cost? Would it be appropriate to bring my 2 and 5 year old??? We are celebrating both there birthdays and I think this would be great. WE are from AZ so the 2 year old is used to loud booms (thunder and all). We will be there 9/25 - 10/2.

faline
06-08-2009, 06:57 PM
They are quite pricey. They are certainly fine for children as they use float boats - nice flat surface on the boat.

Here's some additional information (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/cruises.asp).

yjgirl32
06-08-2009, 07:26 PM
I was able to book my fireworkd cruise boat for Illuminations with no problem. There are not as many boats for Illuminations as there are for Wishes. I have done the Wishes cruise and it was great- the driver was wonderful- he even let my DS3 at the time "drive" the boat. You also get snack- which at the end of our ride he gave us all the snacks and the drinks that were left over. For the crusie it was $300.00 (we then gave the driver a tip)- for a "specialty" decorated boat it's $325.00 and so well worth it. Also if you call 407-wdw-play (the # for the cruise-) they will ask you if there is anything else they can help you with you can then make your dining reservations. I was on hold for about 5 minutes- calling at 7am. Hope this helps. Have a magical trip.

SebastiansDisneyMama
06-08-2009, 08:08 PM
WoW! So basically you get the whole boat to yourself. This would be so cool. Time to call grandma!

faline
06-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Unless you decide to share with others, the boat is all yours for this cruise!