PDA

View Full Version : pre-ordering photopass CD

dmallan
06-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Has anyone pre-ordered the CD months before your vacation? I have a discount code for 15% off any photopass order and found out it works for the CD when preordering it for $99, making it just $84.
It's a great deal, especially since there are rumors the CD price will be going up to $149 in mid June. (outrageous, I know)

So, my question is, is it possible to pre-order the CD now for a trip in September?
I have heard others say there is no expiration information on the confirmation email, but I'm not sure I want to risk it. Has anyone done this?

zcrsdad
06-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I ordered mine back in March for my June trip.

brian2000boston
06-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Bought mine today for my Sept 24th trip. The site deosnt have expiration dates for prepurchase, so i figured i couldnt pass this savings up.

Thanks for the headsup on this great savings!:thumbsup:

g8rgirl29
06-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the discount. I did a google search and found the code and ordered mine for our Sept. 15 trip for the same price. From one post I read someone had ordered the cd in June for a January trip and couldn't get the promotion code to work so they just made a quick call to photpass and it was straightened out. Just save your receipt and I would think that all would be well.

MickeyandTink
06-08-2009, 05:50 PM
A big :thumbsup: for the discount info.

The 15% discount applies to the pre-purchase price, so it is only $84. You can also apply it to the photocd / book as well and get both for $122 instead of the usual $149 pre-purchase price.

yjgirl32
06-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Wow what a great heads-up. Thanks. I am having a hard time finding the coupon tho.

dmallan
06-08-2009, 09:12 PM
I received the pin code with a Disney rewards flyer that was mailed to me. It gave a balance of what I had on my rewards card, and also offered a code to recieve 15% off any photopass order. I honestly don't have the flyer around anymore, but I know I've seen the code floating around on other boards.

dmallan
06-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Just re-reading the thread about the discount code on another board. Some people said they called Chase Bank (from the number on the back of their Disney Visa card or statement), and were given the code.

crltkcagle
06-08-2009, 09:34 PM
shoot wish i would have seen this earlier. just got back and will be ordering my photopass cd soon.:(

dmallan
06-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I have seen on another Disney info site that you can use the pre-order discount to get the CD for $99 even after you are home - up to the 30 day deadline. Can't hurt to try.

doombuggygal
06-09-2009, 08:37 AM
shoot wish i would have seen this earlier. just got back and will be ordering my photopass cd soon.:(

You can still buy the pre-order CD after your trip, we bought ours through the pre-order site after our trip last year. When you buy the pre-order it just gives you a code that you type in when you actually order your CD.

julie0282
06-11-2009, 03:06 AM
i found this discount code on another site couldnt help but share 15% off [code deleted per Intercot's terms of service] :D
so if u pre order the book and cd it comes out $127.46 instead of $149.95 YAYA!!!:party:

tink179
06-15-2009, 12:13 AM
i found this discount code on another site couldnt help but share 15% off [code deleted per Intercot's terms of service] :D
so if u pre order the book and cd it comes out $127.46 instead of $149.95 YAYA!!!:party:

Thank you sooo much for that code! I bought my CD and the photo album and it was only $127.46. You saved me $22! Thanks a lot! Great deal! We bought the photo album for our trip this past January and it was over $60! This was a great deal, especially with prices going up on Tuesday. Thanks again!:thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
06-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Im very confused. I just called Disney Photopass and I was told I cannot pre-order the photopass cd BECAUSE I AM A DVC MEMBER!?!?!?! :confused: That pre-ordering the photopass cd is only for people that have booked through travel companys. Someone help! :confused::mad:

faline
06-15-2009, 11:49 AM
So far as I know, anyone can pre-order a photo pass.

Pre-Order Site (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx)

brian2000boston
06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Im very confused. I just called Disney Photopass and I was told I cannot pre-order the photopass cd BECAUSE I AM A DVC MEMBER!?!?!?! :confused: That pre-ordering the photopass cd is only for people that have booked through travel companys. Someone help! :confused::mad:

This is the second time we preordered the cd and it does not link to your reservation.

Disney Doll
06-15-2009, 03:16 PM

Don't call. Just go through the website. You got some bad information. They don't ask for your room reservation info when you preorder the CD so there's no way for them to know what kind of room you have or how it was reserved. We are staying DVC with my parents in September and I just preordered the Photopass CD last week. No problems.

dmallan
06-15-2009, 04:04 PM
The pre-order special is not really advertised anywhere. When I inquired about it I was told that those who have a reservation will get an email about 10 days prior to their vacation with the pre-order information.
So, as far as Disney is concerned the only ones who get the pre-order "invite" are those who have reservations. But thanks to places like this word of a discount travels fast and others are able to take advantage of the offer. :thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-15-2009, 04:20 PM
I pre-ordered mine a few days ago using the code for our Sept trip. It's a great deal to get it for $85!

TinkerbellT421
06-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Ok, so I called again yesterday and sent an email because I was fuming from the nasty attitude service I had received, when the girl would just cut me right off with "Nope, you can only do it througha travel agent" before I even got a chance to talk. So I got a call today from the message I left yesterday (Not in response to the email), and the guy said that when you preorder a cd now for a trip in January (like mine is now) that you run the risk in losing what you paid for because the code for the pre-order cd expires in 60 days. And he mentioned that "blogs" on the internet mislead the real information from Photopass, and that if I pre-order the cd now, and use "outside" links to order it, that I run the risk in having to PAY AGAIN when my trip comes around because they might not be able to "Retrieve" the pin code seeing it will expire in 60 days. I am so frustrated and aggrevated and annoyed right now! I dont think Im doing the photopass thing, a) way too expensive and though I could get a deal, b) don't want to run the risk in having a headache when I get BACK from vacation because I lost money and would have to pay more for the stupid thing. Im so frustrated. :mad:

brian2000boston
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
This is interesting. I am going with what they have on there page and are obligated to follow

"Satisfaction Guarantee/Return Policy: By taking advantage of Disney's PhotoCD or Disney's PhotoCD plus Photo Book Pre-Arrival Savings Offer, you are guaranteed to get a great value on our most popular memory keepsakes. You must purchase the pre-arrival offer before your vacation and then order your PhotoCD or PhotoCD + PhotoBook after your vacation. The promotion code(s) cannot be combined with any other offers. If you purchased the PhotoCD + Photo Book offer, you must order them in separate orders. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the photos and decide that you no longer want to order your Disney's PhotoCD or PhotoCD + Photo Book, just let us know and you will receive a full refund. Coupon code(s) will provide one free Disney's Photo CD and (if applicable) one 20-page Disney's Professional Photo Book. Coupon codes do not include cost of shipping, sales tax (if applicable), or additional Photo Book pages. To receive a refund, you must request it within 2 weeks after the completion of your Disney vacation and you must not use the special promotion code to order Disney’s PhotoCD or PhotoCD + Photo Book. If the promotion code has been used, a refund will not be granted. "

It is clear from this quote, from the photopass pre purchase website, that there isn't an expiration and the only requirement would be to purchase prior to your vacation and use or request refund following your vacation. This is very wide open and I can't imagine anyone would have issues with one they pre purchase.

If they have a different stance then they should chage the site, regardless if this is past around, what stops people from using emails to them earlier. If they didnt want people using it then I am sure they would implement a unique identifier system as they do with pin codes.

Good luck!

Disney Doll
06-16-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm confused. Are we talking about the $99 preorder special? The discount code for 15% off to Disney Visa members is one thing, but the $99 preorder price has always been available to everyone. If you look at Disney's Photopass site the offer is there for anyone and does not require a coupon code.

I ordered last week with the 15% off coupon. There was nothing in my confirmation email which contained my photopass code about a 60 day expiration and nothing on the Photopass website as far as I could tell. I always do everything way in advance when planning vacations and I'm almost positive I did the preorder last year more than 60 days out with no issues whatsoever. I've always done the preorder online and have never used a TA. As far as using "outside links" or "blogs" I thought the only way you could preorder was direct through Disney.

I'm not going to worry about it for now. I can't imagine that they can hold you to a 60 days expiration when there is no official mention of that policy anywhere.

TinkerbellT421
06-17-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm confused. Are we talking about the $99 preorder special? The discount code for 15% off to Disney Visa members is one thing, but the $99 preorder price has always been available to everyone. If you look at Disney's Photopass site the offer is there for anyone and does not require a coupon code.

I ordered last week with the 15% off coupon. There was nothing in my confirmation email which contained my photopass code about a 60 day expiration and nothing on the Photopass website as far as I could tell. I always do everything way in advance when planning vacations and I'm almost positive I did the preorder last year more than 60 days out with no issues whatsoever. I've always done the preorder online and have never used a TA. As far as using "outside links" or "blogs" I thought the only way you could preorder was direct through Disney.

I'm not going to worry about it for now. I can't imagine that they can hold you to a 60 days expiration when there is no official mention of that policy anywhere.

Thats exactly my point but allegedly when I mentioned that to him he said the only way to get to so called link was through an email confirmation of your trip or through blogs online! I am so frustrated and aggrevated with them its not even funny. Basically the attitude and snobness I got was that I was trying to beat the system or something and that I was following links from "outside sources" like blogs and links throught the internet which are not trustworthy were his exact words! So frustrated! And then telling me that if I do that through "whatever" link I followed (yes for the $99.00 special) that I run the risk of not getting it by the time my trip rolls around which is in January of 2010. I dont know what to do. And if this is the kind of service and information you received from rude guest services then I am not sure I want to run the risk of having to call them ever again. Both people I spoke to were very unhelpful and very rude. Oh yea and when I mentioned the 15% off coupon code, he goes well that expired anyway. :confused::mad::-o

julie0282
06-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Thats exactly my point but allegedly when I mentioned that to him he said the only way to get to so called link was through an email confirmation of your trip or through blogs online! I am so frustrated and aggrevated with them its not even funny. Basically the attitude and snobness I got was that I was trying to beat the system or something and that I was following links from "outside sources" like blogs and links throught the internet which are not trustworthy were his exact words! So frustrated! And then telling me that if I do that through "whatever" link I followed (yes for the $99.00 special) that I run the risk of not getting it by the time my trip rolls around which is in January of 2010. I dont know what to do. And if this is the kind of service and information you received from rude guest services then I am not sure I want to run the risk of having to call them ever again. Both people I spoke to were very unhelpful and very rude. Oh yea and when I mentioned the 15% off coupon code, he goes well that expired anyway. :confused::mad::-o

yeah that expired the 15th :( and i didnt use it because at that time i found the code i didnt have enough money to get it now i dont have a discount :crying: im trying to find another code if anyone comes by another one please PM me thank you!!:sad:

Mickey91
07-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Not sure if you were able to resolve your photopass problems but I just preordered mine and was sent a confirmation number to use when I actually place the order. I did not see an expiration date (for $99 there shouldn't be one). I found a link on one of the threads here as I couldn't find it on the actual site. Good luck if you are still having problems with this.:mickey:

thrillme
07-07-2009, 07:31 PM

I can't remember off the top of my head where to order it but...I know I did NOT go through my travel agent (I thought it was just off the Disney site there was a link somewhere).

Regardless. I recommend it. It's always cheaper to "pre order" it than it is to get it in the park. If you don't get enough pictures that you think the CD would be worth it...you can get a "refund". Usually the pictures are sooo expensive individually and all of you are in the photo so you usually end up wanting them (and I HATE pictures of myself). If there are as few as 5 pictures you'd be best off getting a CD.

dmallan
07-11-2009, 10:25 PM
When I emailed the photopass guest relations people about pre-ordering the CD several months ahead of time, their answer was that if I had a disney reservation and was staying onsite, I would be sent information about pre-ordering the CD 10 days prior to my trip. I assume this is why the link is not available on their website.

I pre-ordered it anyway for my September trip, and as others have said, there is no expiration date on the email confirmation.