PDA

View Full Version : MK on Sunday in September?

VinnyNix
06-06-2009, 08:22 AM
I've been told to avoid the MK at all costs on the weekends, does this hold true for September as well?

Skippy
06-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I too have wondered this. I normally go in January or February on the weekend with no problem. Any intercotees that can give insight?

Mushu11756
06-06-2009, 10:44 PM
We arrive at WDW September 13 (Sunday) and are planning to avoid MK just for that reason! I believe the reason is because alot of people arrive at WDW on the weekend and the first place they head to is The Magic Kingdom!:mickey:

Also not to mention they have extra magic hours on Sunday so the park is opened late! We plan on hitting the park the next day! The crowd should be alot softer.:D

SBETigg
06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
September is generally a lower crowd time, but this doesn't mean you feel it that way in the parks. It's still wise to avoid higher volume crowd days at various parks and to follow logic. Even at low crowd times, it can feel crowded if everyone hits the same park on the same day. That said, I always stick to my own schedule (have to do MK/Epcot on day one and last day, no matter what) and try not to worry too much about crowd calenders and predictions.

A good strategy for us is to hit the park that had evening EMH on the previous day, and to do morning EMH but to leave that park to hop to another before noon. If we want to evening EMH, we generally avoid that park in favor of another until around or after regular park closing time. Park hopping gives us more opportunity to make the most of our time and avoid crowds.

Posterchild
06-07-2009, 08:32 AM
My experience has been the MK is very quiet on Sunday AM's. Perhaps from people attending church, sleeping off a hangover, etc.

We generally leave for home on Sunday to drive back in the afternoon. Our tradition is to hit the MK for a few hours to wear out the kids a bit. And generally, I am more dissappoined I have to leave because the MK is almost empty on Sunday Mornings.

That being said, we always open the parks (#1 Tip I give people, get to the parks at opening).

kbean
06-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Naw you'll have a good time. I'm not a far drive from disney and I only go in Sept and jan cuz it always has low crowds. Sometmies in Sept we might get cooler weather but rare. Weekends will always have larger crowds, but in Sept it's nothing like the summer crowds. Beginning of Oct and right after Thanksgiving seem to be good times too.

garthbarth1
06-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Sundays always seem to be good days for us in Sept...we never go at rope drops, but there are never horrible lines! Enjoy your trip!

joonyer
06-08-2009, 12:05 PM
I've never noticed any significant difference on Sunday's. At crowded (busy) times of the year, every day at MK is crowded. At slower times of the year, every day at MK is relatively less crowded.

wishiniwasthere
06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
We also are arriving on Sunday, the 13th of September. I HAVE to go to the Magic Kingdom the day I arrive, so regardless of the crowds, I will be there. Actually, we won't get in until 1:00, so I'm looking forward to checking in and hitting the EMH at MK! :mickey: Counting down the days already!

Pop Centurion
06-11-2009, 04:29 PM
We've gone to MK on Sundays for our past 3-4 Sept trips and don't find the park to be that crowded.
This year we're skipping one Sun & going the day after (also the day after EMH) so I'll see if there's a significant difference in the two days.

thatkindofday
06-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Last September we went, we went into the MK on Sunday around 6pm and had rode everything except the rides in tomorrowland by 11pm. The lines were so short! It was awesome.

Dragongirlx
06-17-2009, 11:37 AM
WE alwaysgo in September and we genrally find that MK is not that busy on a Sunday. its the Saturday that is a problem - super packed.