PDA

View Full Version : Online ADR system?

GrumpyFan
06-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Has Disney launched the online ADR system yet? If so, has anybody used it, and how was it for you?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-05-2009, 10:30 PM
It hasn't been launched yet...we all still have to call.

With all of the issues people are reporting, I'm not surprised if it delayed :confused:

disneymom2000
06-05-2009, 10:38 PM
People have problems making reservations with a real live person at the other end of a phone, why would they think people would be doing better through an online system??? I think it is a little unfair to the older generation that aren't computer savvy or to those who have no computer at all, unless they will still have a chance to call in and make their ressies.:confused:

GrumpyFan
06-06-2009, 12:51 AM
People have problems making reservations with a real live person at the other end of a phone, why would they think people would be doing better through an online system??? I think it is a little unfair to the older generation that aren't computer savvy or to those who have no computer at all, unless they will still have a chance to call in and make their ressies.:confused:

Good point, and true, some people do have trouble with a live person. I'm sure the computer won't eliminate all problems, but if done well it could help make things more efficient and easier for some. I wouldn't worry about them getting rid of all the people though, there will always be a select portion of people who will just prefer to talk to a person.

TheRustyScupper
06-06-2009, 08:16 AM
1) Still a few bugs with the "tier" system.
2) The higher your "tier", the higher your ADR priority.
3) People get ADR's based upon where they stay.
4) And how much they spend.
5) Even the live CM's are having trouble with the new system.

r4kids
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
1) Still a few bugs with the "tier" system.
2) The higher your "tier", the higher your ADR priority.
3) People get ADR's based upon where they stay.
4) And how much they spend.
5) Even the live CM's are having trouble with the new system.

Ok this may sound really stupid, but are you serious? Will they really give the higher end guests ressies first?

DizneyRox
06-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I would like to hear the tiers... I think it's pretty clear Grand would be at the top and the values at the bottom, but what about in the middle. Where's DVC, etc. Do tell...

LudwigVonDrake
06-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I have read that travel agents have access to it which, I guess, is to help out with any bugs.

DANAM
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
What about value resort guest with Deluxe dining? To me first come first serve has always worked in the past and has been fair. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

TheRustyScupper
06-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I would like to hear the tiers... I think it's pretty clear Grand would be at the top and the values at the bottom, but what about in the middle. Where's DVC, etc. Do tell...

1) This was the order explained.
. . . Club Floor (at any Deluxe)
. . . DVC (when staying on points)
. . . any Deluxe
. . . any Mod
. . . any Value
. . . any resort when staying with Free Dining (whether Deluxe, Mod, Value or DVC)
. . . all Off Site or locals
. . . any "Tables in Wonderland" discount card
. . . CM's eating on employee discount *
2) We must wait for full implementation to see if it really works this way.
3) The scuttlebutt is that is why the long debug time for online ADR.
4) We have been told for a long time that Big Buck people complained about no ADR's.
5) This would allow those paying a lot to get ADR's more easily.

* It was explained that if CM's book an ADR and say nothing about employee discount, then they cannot get their employee discount or seasonal discount coupon when they go to eat. This way they can't jump in front of guests.

DizneyRox
06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Interesting indeed... This is pure speculation then, but it makes sense (at least in my head). There appears to be a shopping cart idea now with the program. You input everything and then "submit". The CMs also need to be in your reservation in order to make reservations. I have a split stay in the future ad the CM needed to switch over in the middle of the call as the days progressed. We submitted my first reservation and got all my numbers, then moved on. Another thing I saw was it spit out some alternates, which the old system didn't do, and they seem to be based on location. For example, an Ohana breakfast might offer up a 1900 Park Fair alternate, or Tusker House may offer up Yak and Yeti instead.

Sounds like what MAY be in the future is a shopping cart setup, you can "plan" your trip, inputting where you want to eat, when, etc. Disney puts a nice Online Planning Service spin on it, allowing you to customize your magical vacation up until a few weeks before your trip. Then each night, as arrival dates appear, they run this through some program that calculates your impact on their bottom line and puts you i order, figures out how happy you need to be, and sends you a customized itenerary just for you. When you couldn't get what you wanted, they will offer suggestions.

I will say, this new system is really rotten compared to the old one, so there's got to be some benefit behind the scenes for them to change it. I've got to imagine the current setup is just temporary. Usually the goal for these IT projects is to eliminate administrative expenses (i.e jobs, head count, or whatever you want to call it), lower talk times, etc. That didn't happen with this new system as far as I can see, not yet anyway.

Dragongirlx
06-09-2009, 05:43 AM
I for one really would like an online system. Not because I don't want to spreak to a real person but beacuse I have to phone from the UK and it's really expensive. I am phoning for My ADRS today and was so hoping they would have the online system up before this - oh well at least my phone company will make some money out of it

mouseketeer mom
06-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Wow..never heard of the tier system before...is that really true??
Also, we always stay on site, never off site, but what about those who do? How do ADR's work if there is no reservation to get into?

DizneyRox
06-09-2009, 07:07 AM
BTW - That was pure speculation on my part taken from the above description and my experiences with the new ADR system and a little bit of my job responsibilities. I like to think I'm pretty good at reading between the lines.

Also, no reservation would mean you're an off-site guest and your phone umber is usually the key within the system in that case.

Finally, the DDP or Deluxe DDP doesn't seem to make a difference and I'm not so sure you want it to make a difference. It's a pre-paid meal program, nothing more. Actually a profit center for Disney and honestly, it would be in Disney's best interest to steer you to the more profitable restaurants instead of giving you any sort of preference. I suspect it would group you in this case into the value category.

mudpuppysmom
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
. . . any Deluxe
. . . any Mod
. . . any Value
. . . any resort when staying with Free Dining (whether Deluxe, Mod, Value or DVC)
2) We must wait for full implementation to see if it really works this way.
3) The scuttlebutt is that is why the long debug time for online ADR.
4) We have been told for a long time that Big Buck people complained about no ADR's.
5) This would allow those paying a lot to get ADR's more easily.

* It was explained that if CM's book an ADR and say nothing about employee discount, then they cannot get their employee discount or seasonal discount coupon when they go to eat. This way they can't jump in front of guests.

Where do "us" people staying at SOG fall.....we're really onsite guests, but we're not Disney guests either!

Also, I think this tier system stinks too.....we have stayed at SOG, POFQ and AKL, so if we stay at SOG one time and AKL the next and then AKL, they really don't get a great picture of our stay habits....meaning we might stay at a value one of these times and a deluxe the next -- we just think about where we'd like to stay, where our budget allows us to stay on this trip and then go from there.....people sometimes stay at deluxes and then values on the same trip, what about those people?!?!?! I think there are just too many variables to get a true picture of each guest and their stay.

DizneyRox
06-09-2009, 01:20 PM
The dining reservations are tied to the reservation number active during the date you are eating. So, split stays, it makes sence you may be categorized differently depending on which resort you are staying in. Maybe not indicative of the true value of the guest, but it would be more the exception than the rule and easy to program.

So, POP for two days, and then Grand for 5. You would have two reservation numbers, and any dining reservation you make while you're staying at the POP you would be lower down the Happy List. For the dining while you are staying at the Grand, you would be made happier. I'm coming up on a multi resort stay and when making my dining reservations, the CM had to switch between reservations during the call depending on the day we were wanting to eat at the different places.

SOG I would guess is considered off-site, same as Swan/Dolphin.

Again, pure speculation on my part.

GrumpyFan
06-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I know it's just rumored or speculative at this point, but IF the tiered system really is being tried, I've got mixed feelings on it. I mean, there's good and bad in it. As a resort guest, I expect to get some extra amenities for my money vs those who are just day visitors or chose to stay off-site. And, if I forked out the extra money for a Deluxe, again I think I would expect a little more for the money. However, it does create what could be considered by some to be an unfair advantage.

As a business applications developer, I think the tiered system that RustyScupper mentioned is too complex. IF they are trying to do it that way, it's no wonder there are lots of problems and being delayed.

TheRustyScupper
06-09-2009, 04:46 PM
As a business applications developer, I think the tiered system that RustyScupper mentioned is too complex. IF they are trying to do it that way, it's no wonder there are lots of problems and being delayed.

1) Complex, indeed.
2) There is a CM board with tons of complaints about the new system.
3) Before even getting to an ADR, lots of guest info is input.
4) Once input, the system says what is available FOR THAT GUEST.
5) One CM has labeled all guests "Caste" Members (pun intended).

6) Examples:
. . . a CM was trying for an ADR with their own 40% discount. It showed no availability. When they used another computer with different input, it showed lots of openings. Two screens, two different results, side-by-side.
. . . after inputing guest from POR with free dining showed no availability. When they input POP with no free dining, all sorts of availability.
. . . another lobby concierge (at CR) tried for ressies, and could only "see" WAVE for openings. Using other criteria, many were available. The concierge says that she can only make ressies where they system says, not where she wants to.

NOTE: Folks, these example complaints are not mine, but from others. Let's hope they change and do not go ahead with the full implementation. Right now, at least we have the ability to use either the new system or the old system.

GrumpyFan
06-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Ugh! Sounds like somebody got carried away with the design specs. Or, the requirements were fed from multiple sources. This is what's often called "scope creep", or in this case, it sounds more like "kitchen sink syndrome". It's where the wishes of the owners exceed the original intent of a designed system. IF a system that this has happened to actually goes live it's a nightmare to maintain because the code has usually been so heavily tweaked that it's near impossible to follow by even the best developer, and the slightest change can create major problems. In these cases it's sometimes best to throw it all out and start over.

thumperbug
06-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I am an authorized disney vacation planner and I have access to the travel agent online dining ressies. It does not ask for specific resort info. It does give you an option to link you ADR's with your room ressies. You do not have to link them. I like being able to go online whatever time of night to do this.

The only other question it asks for is if it is a DVC member. It does not ask about dining plans...but if you do link the ADR with room ressie it will then have the dining info. You can enter restaurant request and up to a 5 days range of dates. If the restaurant you want is not available it will also show you alternatives that do have availability for the time you want.

The thing I do not like is that you have to put in times you are looking for...if not available to you have to put in another time....I would prefer that they show a list of the available times for your party size in 1 shot.

It seems a lot more info is asked for when you call and speak to someone and it takes a long time for the info to come up. On the online dining system, you choose the ressies you want and they get added to a cart. Once you "check out" you get the list of all your confirmation numbers and information. As of now, ressies for Chef Mickeys and CRT for dates before June 20, are on the old system and still need to be called in.

After reading some posts about possible tier system I am going to go check it out and see for myself. I would not be happy with a tier system but in some ways I can sort of understand it.

DizneyRox
06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Well, that sortof blows my original idea out.

I wonder, this kindof fits then:

Tables are pre-booked with each category. Disney has enough information on file to be able to place the typical makeup of a restaurant.

So, let assume a smallish restaurant with a few tables. So, maybe per hour, they set aside something like 1 offsite, 2 value, 4 moderates, 6 Deluxe, and 8 DVC tables and 2 concierge. As people call and are cetegorized based on accomodations, what's "left" shows on screen. It can go a couple ways from here. As they are booked, they come off the inventory. It's possible they lump categories, so moderates maybe see what's left for the value and the moderate tiers. To be fair though, if a moderate calls and makes a ressie, 1 comes off the moderate tier until there are no more, then they start pulling from the value tier.

Or, they stay tiers until the date appears, and values fall inot a free for all tier at maybe 60 days, but the concierge tables stay until the morning of.

Interesting concepts though, if that's what they are doing. Does sound complicated. First come first served has worked for a long time, but in a word of me me me, I guess things have to change...

If this is really happening, I can't help but think the tiered dining is not far behind. Values get Quick Service, Moderates get Disney Dining Plan, and Deluxe get the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan. And better food or more options? Get a better room!

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-09-2009, 09:41 PM
. . . any Deluxe
. . . any Mod
. . . any Value

I'm curious to where those with the different dining plans will fall. If it matters where you stay it should matter what plan you are on. If you pay $70 vs. $33 it should make a difference.

There is one problem with this. Some people, like myself might spend less in the parks and order less expensive entrees in order to stay at a more expensive resort in order to get the ADRs they want.

We recently started staying the values because we could spend a lot more money in parks. I spend more overall than before because I'm not worried about the upfront cost of the resort.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Now that TAs can book online ADRs has anyone used Magical Journey to do this?

princessimagineer
06-09-2009, 10:05 PM
is the tier system just bitter speculation or is this legit?

DizneyRox
06-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Speculation based on the current Disney business model, which is profit above all else.

DizneyRox
06-10-2009, 08:01 AM
If it matters where you stay it should matter what plan you are on. If you pay $70 vs. $33 it should make a difference.
Not really. For $70 you are getting the deluxe dining plan, which is much different than the regular dining plan. 2 TS per day vs 1 TS and 1 CS, etc. That's apple to oranges.

Resorts are much closer to an apple to apple comparison. Bed, toilet, sink, shower, pool. At the Grand you pay a lot more for that than you do at the POP. Sure, there are some differences, but they are actually ore of a facade. But, those staying at a deluxe IMHO probably feel like they need to be treated better because they are paying 4 or 5 times more for the room than someone staying at a value. I don't want to debate who's money is "better", ust stating that it isn't unbelieveable to think that is the perception.

Resort level is just more of an apple to apple comparison. Sure there are exceptions, but in general, I don't think it's too much to generalize and say, on an average day, a guest at the grand is spending more than a guest staying at a value. Why not give them a little "perk" for that. It doens't cost Disney anything to implement this system (minus development costs), it's not like they are getting better beef for their burgers, or better water for their drinks.

jiifigment
06-10-2009, 08:12 AM
So you're telling me the reason why at 5am yesterday (7am WDW time) I could'nt get the ressies for exactly 90 days out I'm looking for nearly anywhere is because I'm on the free dining plan even though we're staying at a Deluxe?

I'm sorry, but I'm getting sick of this socialized mentality that everything is adopting lately. Someone needs to evaluate whether or not I really DESERVE something before I should get it.

I really miss the old, FREE America.

jiifigment
06-10-2009, 08:18 AM
LOL!!!! I'd fix my typo in that last post, but when I try, the system keeps telling me I don't have permission to do that!!! :funny:

DizneyRox
06-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I think the reports are that this isn't in effect just yet, BUT that they need to have your reservation "active" when making dining reservations, maybe it is or at least part of it.

And again, this is pure speculation on our part. Maybe not the tiered reservation idea, but how it's actually going to be implemented. It's fun to speculate!

DisneyBabies
06-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry, but this tierd idea really concerns me. I understand that this is just speculation at this point, but TheRustyScupper did give a few examples that indicate there may be at least some truth to this.

I hope enough people contact Disney about this (including myself) to get them to rethink this idea. ADR's should be FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED! It should not matter what resort guests are staying at. A family that stays at GF isn't any more special than the family that stays at POP. Walt wanted EVERYONE to have the same magical experience when they come to Disney.

I don't think it's too much to generalize and say, on an average day, a guest at the grand is spending more than a guest staying at a value. Why not give them a little "perk" for that.

I know some people say that those who pay more to stay at GF and the other Deluxes pay to get extras, but those extras should not be at the expense of my vacation experience. Those extras should be tied to your room, they should not extend to the entire World (except for those few club floor extra tours that are already in place that you only have access to if you are on the CF). Their "perk" for spending all that money is staying at a nicer resort, having a bigger room, having quicker access to the parks. A "perk" shouldn't be something that takes something away from others, it should be something that is done only for guests who stay in those resorts. I deserve to have the same chance to get ADR's at any restaurant I choose that everyone else does.

And it's really unfortunate that if you read between the lines of this tierd system, Disney is saying some guests are bettter and more worthy than others. That isn't the Disney I love. I know this is not official yet, but I will be e-mailing Disney about this to express my concern over the unfairness of this possibility. If enough people contact Disney, maybe this will never come to fruition and we can all be treated equally.

Figment78
06-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Although some think Disney's "business model" is make money above all else, a tiered system would not effectively accomplish that in the bigger picture. Sorry, I don't buy it. They are not going to anger wealthy people living in the Orlando area who want to eat dinner at the California grill or Flying Fish, with numerous bottles of wine, and full course dinners, just for the sake of making someone staying at Pop Century who forgot to make their ressies until the week before they left a little happier. If your theory is that they are after more money, this is not going to accomplish that. There is a point where people will not just pay more to get more. And Disney knows that. Furthermore, it's really not that reasonable to execute - what is the time frame that the system will wait before beginning to fill the tables with people from lower tiers?

Some may disagree with my optimistic viewpoint of Disney, but I have to believe in the good of this company and in common sense.

What is the source of these tiered rumors? Does someone who actually takes these ADRs or who built this new system have facts to report?

And I would like to mention that Disney seems to get an unfair share of people dissing their deluxe hotels when you could easily spend almost the same amount per rate at a hotel that is not in the middle of Disney, with far fewer amenities and access to dining. For example, I stayed at a hotel two years ago (possibly a Hilton or Marriott, I cannot remember) in Chesapeake Bay for a wedding and the WEDDING rate was over $250 per night. (the discounted rate). It was similar in decor to the Yacht Club, and it had 2 restaurants and a pool. They didn't have complementary buses to take me anywhere, and while it was nicely decorated, it wasn't intensely themed, as many of the Disney resorts are. What people often forget when they complain about the cost of the disney resorts prices is that you are paying to go to Disney World. Not just stay in a hotel. Of COURSE they are going to be more expensive, relatively speaking. However, I have yet to be able to justify spending the same amount on a trip to Vegas at a nice (but not extravagant) resort like Ceasars or Mirage for 4 nights for the same money I can spend for 7 in Disney at the Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk. Even the Hotel Hershey in Hershey PA, which is supposed to be extremely nice, is more expensive than Disney hotels. But that is just MY common sense opinion.

Sorry for losing it there.

And for the PP who said they miss the old FREE America - I'm right there with you. If in fact, this tiered system is true, it might be the end of my rope with the way things seem to be headed.

Tink1
06-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Now that TAs can book online ADRs has anyone used Magical Journey to do this?

Magical Journeys has found NUMEROUS glitches in the system and due to this I can tell you I will not yet use it for my Sepember trip and I tell my clients that as well.

I do not yet trust the system. (seems like it is down more than it is up as well)

IMHO, it is too unstable at the moment, which is why it has not been released to the General Public.

I would want it done via phone so I have CM name, date and time - then the recorded call can be pulled if there is a huge issue.

Nanc

Figment78
06-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Nanci,

Have you been told by disney that it is a tiered system?

And to the poster who asked if they were unable to get their ressies even when calling at 7am at 90 days outs, the answer is not because of the tiered system, but because people who may be checking in for their vacation the day before (or a few days before) your trip can make their ADRs for 90 days from checkout plus 10 subsequent days.

Tink1
06-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Nanci,

Have you been told by disney that it is a tiered system?

No we have not.

BUT that is not something they would want us to know either.

Nanc

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Magical Journeys has found NUMEROUS glitches in the system and due to this I can tell you I will not yet use it for my Sepember trip and I tell my clients that as well.

I do not yet trust the system. (seems like it is down more than it is up as well)

IMHO, it is too unstable at the moment, which is why it has not been released to the General Public.

I would want it done via phone so I have CM name, date and time - then the recorded call can be pulled if there is a huge issue.

Nanc

This is good information to know. I always write down that information however I didn't know they could pull up the recorded phone call. Interesting!

SBETigg
06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Not really. For $70 you are getting the deluxe dining plan, which is much different than the regular dining plan. 2 TS per day vs 1 TS and 1 CS, etc. That's apple to oranges.

Just a quick correction. Deluxe plan is three meals, CS or TS, and two snacks per person per day. Plus refillable mug for stay. The standard plan is 1 ts and 1 cs, 1 snack per day. I don't think this should make any sort of priority difference when actually making ADRs, though.

DizneyRox
06-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I have not known Rusty to have bad information. My speculation may be inaccurate as I've said. I do believe that they are working on a tiered system of some sort. They tiered the dinner shows, so it's not unheard of.

I'm not sure how to sell this however, anyway you slice it it comes off as class based. Unless it's never even mentioned, but as Rusty stated, people have seen some inconsistencies that back up it's based on something other than first come, first served. I don't think it would take long to reverse engineer what's happening and it someone somewhere would spill the beans based on what they saw.

Just a quick correction. Deluxe plan is three meals, CS or TS, and two snacks per person per day. Plus refillable mug for stay. The standard plan is 1 ts and 1 cs, 1 snack per day. I don't think this should make any sort of priority difference when actually making ADRs, though.
Aye, yes, I didn't feel like looking up the plan differences, but noting there ARE differences. It's enough to say it's apples to oranges though.

badkitty
06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
So no one has really mentioned it and maybe it is a bit of a side-track to the OP but what if you don't know where you want to eat 90+ days before you leave? I hate being tied to ADRs but it now seems like I won't be able to eat at a TS without making a plan with multiple alternates and calling at 4AM on the day "my window" opens. Yuk. Oh and I guess forget about walking up and waiting for a table without ressies since most that I have tried are over-booked and show "no availability".

So does this also mean that locals can't stop by WS without making ADRs 90 days in advance? This seems to me in direct conflict with the "after 4" annual pass.

DizneyRox
06-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Actually, walk-up dining is pretty much a thing of the past. Used to be only a few restaurants were turning walk-ups away. These days, there are only a few that seem to be capable of accepting walk-ups.

So, even before any new system, this was a problem with disney dining. Most blame the DDP for this. If you have dining credits, it's in your best interest to use what you paid for, even when they are "free".

princessimagineer
06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
i agree with figment78, which is why i asked earlyer if this was just bitter speculation or not.

for all i know, one day someone was booking their ADRs and some didnt work, and they blamed it on "well it must be because i am staying in POP"

yes it would make sense that a GF resident may be generally spending more on a meal because the stereotype (lets be honest, what it comes down to) of the people who stay there may be asking for a few courses plus bar-drinks. vrs the stereotype of someone staying at the POP.

in my personal experience, ive stayed at a wide range of resorts on the cost levels and never seemed to have more problems with one trips ADRs over another trips, and ive gone from CR right up to Poly.

and the people staying during the free dining season. isnt that basically everyone staying at that time, getting that package? and according to the "Tier system" these people are all treated at the same level. well that just blows the whole system out of the water because you have free dining people in GF and POP, but NOW are they treated as equals? that contradicts the fight over getting special "perks" because one chooses a deluxe.

i like to believe that disney has our best interests at hand, and if you dont believe that, then its simple- stop going. disney does not want to cater to pessimistic attitudes anyway, its called the happiest place on earth for a reason.

as much as i dont think booking ADRs online is a good idea 100%, i think they can work it so one has the choice to use the internet to plan so he can see it estimated price/schedule-wise, and then proceed with a phone call (like booking your trip online, we always plan it all out online but then call to physically do it). make it so that new people can see all the restaurants ON the disney site itself and browse them according to price and food style (they dont NEED to put the menu on, but just a basic oh this is an african cuisine place etc). there is a way the internet can be used beneficially, i just dont think completely booking ADRs is what we as travelers are looking for

Giselle
06-11-2009, 02:20 PM
What ever happened to on-line ADRs? I remember some discussion of them starting on-line ADRs, but I haven't seen them any where. Are they still doing them or did they ever do them, and what happened? Just wondering.

ElenitaB
06-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Travel agents are currently able to use the online system. It has yet to be launched for the general public though.

And since a thread already exists on the topic, I'm going to merge this one over to the already existing conversation.

Aurora's Mom
06-11-2009, 02:34 PM
So, does that give them a better advantage for getting the ADR?

ElenitaB
06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
MODERATOR ALERT

As much as I enjoy a healthy discussion, I feel that I must step in and remind people of INTERCOT's Terms of Service:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Discussion Board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law.

[...] We do not permit arguing/flaming users on our boards. Any posts of an argumentative or sarcastic nature are subject to immediate removal from our boards as the Board Moderators see fit.

Play nice, people!

ElenitaB
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
So, does that give them a better advantage for getting the ADR?
I do not believe so... the CMs we speak to at WDW Dine are using the very same (quirky) system. The only advantage I see is that the TAs don't face the phone hold times that we may face at certain times of the day.

patandtwins
06-12-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't think it's tiered. I just made ADR for July 28 and we don't have a resort resie yet, we were still deciding which resort. Why though are people having trouble getting ADRs for trips that are during WDW's slower times? Could they be making only some slots available each day? I kind of thought that's how they've done it. For our trips we make our ADRs as soon as we can and then end up changing them a few times all the way up to the time of our trip. Maybe it because of other cancellations, but sometimes early on we have more trouble getting our ADR than we do later on.

magicofdisney
06-12-2009, 09:51 PM
As for the tiered system; I HATE the idea of it, primarily because I always stay at values. But I always stay at values because I live close enough to go all the time and I couldn't afford that if I didn't stay at them. I'm sure I spend in one year as much as, if not more than, a family staying one week at a deluxe-club level.

Kisobel
06-13-2009, 12:39 AM
when i make my adrs now i never mention i have tables in wonderland. why would i do that? especially if in the future it will bump me down the tiers.

kate

thumperbug
06-14-2009, 10:05 AM
TA having access to online ADRs does not give us any advantage over anyone calling except that we don't have to sit on hold. The one big advantge of calling in is that the CM on the other end has access to move info then the online ADR system. They can see more easily what times are available. On the online system, you have to pick a time. If nothing is available then you sometimes have to go and pick another time rather then just seeing what else is available.

The system is not great but when you need to make a bunch of ADRS for 1 client, it is easier and much quicker to do it online. I find a lot of CM get irritated at having to make multiple ADR's. And then they have to do their speech about "arriving before check in time, park admission is required etc etc".

I recently was able to make 6 ADRS online for a client in less then 3 minutes. I would have taken me longer then that by phone just to get someone on the line.

Another advantage of the online ADR is that you have hardcopy print outs of reservation and confirmation. Hard to dipsute that if there is a problem checking in at your restaurant and being told "we have no reservation for you".

The system is definitely not perfect. If you are trying to make ADR's less then 2-3 weeks before travel date...calling in is the best bet (see my earlier paragraph about more CM having more info at their fingertips)

It does go down a lot...but I think eventually it will improve. I have not heard anything about a launch date for the general public. As much as everyone would like it....its better to wait until it has all the bugs removed.

At this time you only have TA's using it...so it is a limited number of people on the system at one time...Imagine the general public having access at one time...that could definitely cause a problem.

Figment78
06-14-2009, 02:09 PM

Explained by whom and to whom and how (in writing, verbally, etc)?