PDA

View Full Version : Who has the longest & shortest stay/visit to WDW?

DakotaDisney
06-05-2009, 07:19 PM
I think this was on here before a long time ago, but I couldn't find it and I was curious.:mickey:

What is the longest visit to or stay at Walt Disney World?

What was your longest trip to the World?

Who has the shortest visit to or stay at Walt Disney World?

faline
06-05-2009, 07:21 PM
We've gone anywhere from 3-4 days for a long weekend to two weeks.

DakotaDisney
06-05-2009, 07:29 PM
My longest time was 7 days. Shortest was 3.

Anyone gone longer than 2 weeks?

We've gone anywhere from 3-4 days for a long weekend to two weeks

Thanks for your reply. Did you spend all of the 2 weeks on WDW property(resorts or parks, etc.) or did you spend some of that time away from the world?

I am curious who has spent the most time at WDW only, not other places as well. Just the parks, resorts and other things connected to WDW.

Has anyone spent less than a day in WDW?

faline
06-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Back in the days when Magic Kingdom was the only park, we definitely spent time outside of Dinsney World. But, we have also spent trips where the entire two weeks was spent on Disney property only.

mouseketeer mom
06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
One day and a half at WDW was our shortest trip. It was before our Disney cruise, (does that count??) And we managed to do all four parks!!!! 10 days was our longest. All WDW, no "other" parks or outside activities.

sassy2000
06-05-2009, 08:20 PM
10 nights/11 days was our longest trip and our shortest was 5 days.

DizneyRox
06-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Our longest was 17 days. Normally it's a couple weeks, but in a pinch, I'll do a quick three day weekend getaway, which I will stretch into 4 days leaving on a Thursday night.

buzznwoodysmom
06-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Our shortest was 2 nights after we did Vero beach, but we managed to do Typhoon Lagoon on one day and all 4 parks on the other day.

Our longest was 9 nights, just WDW. But this Thanksgiving we'll be there for 11 nights, we plan on just doing WDW again.

joanna71985
06-05-2009, 10:24 PM
My shortest trip was 4 days.

My longest trip was 8 months. ;)

DisneyWFan
06-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Shortest is 5 days in the Parks

longest will be 14 days in the Parks this Aug. :number1:

DeniseMB
06-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Our longest trip was 16 nights staying in a tent at Fort Wilderness. I had done our laundry on day 14, went to Epcot for the day. Bad storm while there. Came back to tent & it blew over. My underwear was floating around the campground. :mickey: Would I do it again. FOR SURE.:mickey:

DakotaDisney
06-06-2009, 01:14 AM
My shortest trip was 4 days.

My longest trip was 8 months. ;)

I assume you must have worked there?

That would be fune to try.:mickey:

ILoveLegos
06-06-2009, 01:39 AM
Shortest - that's easy - 1 day twice - in 1977 (Only Magic Kingdom then) & 1995 (flew in after work on a Friday, stayed in my house - not on property - did Magic Kingdom on Saturday only, met with friends in Highland County then flew out on Sunday, back to work on Monday).

Longest - 7 consecutive days in 2007, stayed on property. But in actuality - I have had a couple of 4 week vacations in Florida - I just don't spend all that time on Disney Property (There are other places in Florida to visit after all! :blush: - Okay, I know there are some here that will dispute that! LOL!).

spoiledraf
06-06-2009, 07:57 AM
First time we took our kids back in 1980, ages 2 and 3, one day, kids hated the heat. lasted less than 3 hours.

Longest will be next week. 7 days. This time it's us, our kids, who will hopefully last more than 3 hurs this time, and their kids, ages 1, 2 4.

Leaving in 49 hours and 49 minutes! :cloud9:

amd780
06-06-2009, 11:08 AM
My shortest trip was 4 nights/3 days in the parks, and my longest was 6 nights/5 days in the parks. My Dad holds the title in my family for the shortest trip - he visited Epcot for 1/2 day with his coworkers while in Orlando for a conference. :mickey:

Guinness
06-06-2009, 12:44 PM
My first trip was four days, but my last trip was thirty-two. The next one coming up in January is longer still.

Coming all the way across the country precludes any sort of quick weekend trips for me.

slegrant
06-06-2009, 01:07 PM
My family usually stay between 14 and 17 days during our summer trip and 10 days over New Year's. We have an RV so we stay at Fort Wilderness and it is awesome. If you can sneak in a short trip usually 3 or 4 days we will stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

Shortest trip, my wife and I decided to drive from St. Petersburg(when we lived there) to WDW for Dinner We at Epcot then watched illuminations. After Illuminations we headed to downtown Disney hit a few shops then headed back home.:mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
06-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Longest ~ 18 days on site and it was wonderful!!! :cloud9:

Shortest was 5 days ~ not nearly enough to relax :(

Standard is about 14 down there with travel days 16. Anything less is almost too short to eat at all the places we like and want to go too :D

VolMickey
06-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Max - 10 days
Min - 4 days

As we're in TN, anything less than 4 isn't worth the travel, even by air.

pdrlkr
06-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Longest 7days, shortest 5 days.:mickey:

nicster
06-06-2009, 03:23 PM
We went for 4 days in 1975, there wasn't as much to do back then. Our longest was 9 days, that seems about right for us (no kiddies).

Cheloconnell
06-06-2009, 05:20 PM
7 days - longest
3 days - shortest.

:mickey:

joanna71985
06-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I assume you must have worked there?

That would be fune to try.:mickey:

Yep. That was from doing the CP. I am doing a final CP in Aug, and I hope to go FT after it ends.

DakotaDisney
06-06-2009, 09:12 PM
So far:

It looks like 32 days is the longest. Other than working there.
(but I wonder if you were working there or something or how much of that was only spent at Disney property)

It looks like 3 hours is the shortest.

Can anyone top those? Thanks for your input. This is interesting.

Also I do realize there are other things in Florida and I have done some of them and want to do more of them. I was just curious about what all you WDW fans have done.:mickey:

joanna71985
06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
So far:

It looks like 32 days is the longest. Other than working there.
(but I wonder if you were working there or something or how much of that was only spent at Disney property)

For me, I was there just about everyday. I would go play in the parks before/after work, and also on my days off.

DunkieKong
06-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Several weeks ago we did our shortest trip ever. We were only in Disney World for 19 hours. A 16 hour drive there, 19 hours in the world, and a 16 hour drive home. Best road trip ever.

Our longest trip was 8 days.

disneyboundagain
06-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Several weeks ago we did our shortest trip ever. We were only in Disney World for 19 hours. A 16 hour drive there, 19 hours in the world, and a 16 hour drive home. Best road trip ever.

Believe it or not, I actually really want to do this. It's about the same distance for us. If it weren't for the rugrats, I'd be all over it.

IamBelle
06-07-2009, 12:26 PM
The longest willbe 2 week this Aug. I think the shortest was a week.

RedSoxFan
06-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Our first and third trip: 10 days.
Second trip: 7 days.

UCJen
06-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Shortest trip-I went for 1 day as a teen. My HS band was selected to play in the Main Street Electrical Parade in 1991 (Disney's Magical Musical Days-I remember the turquoise t shirt we all got!).

We got a half a day to tour around MK, then we had to prepare for the parade.

I found this to be a completely unsatisfying Disney trip.

Longest trip-1 week.

Dickson Thunder
06-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Not counting two trips when it was the Magic Kingdom Only in 1972 and 1976 for one day each time (and after it became 4 parks) the shortest trip was still one day. I had one day left on a park hopper and had business to attend to in Orlando so I flew down on a Friday,
spent the night and went to the parks on Saturday. I started at Epcot and rode Test Track, Mission Space and a couple of other rides and then went over to the Studios for Tower of Terror and RNRC. I then flew home late Saturday afternoon. The longest we have ever stayed is 7 days. (6 nights seems to be the norm for us)

Magic Smiles
06-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Our shortest trip was our first trip 7 nights. Our longest was 20 nights. We have stayed at the POFQ for every visit to WDW. Except for 2 trips we do visit other parks when there, but always return to the POFQ everynight. I could so easily stay for even longer.

We have visited Vans Skate Park, Sea World, Universal Studios, IOA, Busch Gardens and Coco Beach. And of course shopping. My favorite is the Orlando Mall and I am not into the outlet shopping in Orlando.

TennesseeTink
06-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Longest trip was the one that we just returned from - 9 nights.

Shortest trip - 1/2 hour
DH and I honeymooned in Ormond Beach. After we checked out of our resort there, we thought we would drive over to WDW and spend the day at MK, get a room somewhere to spend the night and then drive home the next day. After we bought our one-day tickets and entered the park, we discovered that there was an electrical problem and NOTHING was working. They didn't know when the attractions would be back up so we left and went to Universal, which is not even close to being the same thing. It was a bummer.:( That's the one and only time I've ever been there. Looking back on it now, we should have just stayed and soaked up some of the magic. I could be content with that now. But back then we were young and looking for more of a thrill.:party:

Guinness
06-08-2009, 05:01 PM
t looks like 32 days is the longest. Other than working there.

We were just on vacation, no working. We went out to some park on most days, but some of them we just hung around Saratoga Springs and watched movies and such. We were essentially on property the whole time, except for a couple of runs over to Publix.

It was great.

Red Randal
06-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Oooh this is fun.

My shortest is 4 days/3 nights but only 2 of those days actually spent at parks.

My longest is 7 days/6 nights.

I'm really tempted to try to beat the shortest record. I'll be in Clearwater with a car in a few weeks. Maybe I'll drive to a park and pick up my annual pass. I don't know if I'd be able to pull myself away after the 3rd hour though, haha.

drummerboy
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Shortest was about a half day around 1982 or 83. We were in Sebring to attend the Christening for friends' son and decided to stop in at the fairly newly-opened Epcot on the way back home. It was an uncrowded evening, and we managed to do everything there was to do by closing.

c&d
06-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Longest 13 days
Shortest: 5 hrs when I was down in '74. We drove up from West Palm Beach for the day.

Belle--86
06-10-2009, 04:20 PM
:)Our shortest stay was 4 days in 2000-- and we did 3 day Disney Cruise. The longest was 14 nights/ 15 days in 2007. We go every year alternate with a week trip then a two week trip. This year will be a 13 night/14 day trip end of August.

JavaDuck
06-11-2009, 01:06 AM
My longest trip was last August- 7 days (6 days in the park).

Shortest trip was one day during Memorial Day Weekend in 1996. 3 parks (Epcot, Hollywood studios, and MK) in 13 or 14 hours).

Started out in Epcot, headed to DS, then to the Luau, then to MK. Wow an exiting fun day.

DZNYGUY
06-11-2009, 10:28 AM
About a year and a half ago, I was in West Palm Beach on business and finished my work on my last day around lunch time. I immediately left West Palm in my rental car and drove to Epcot. I purchased 1 ticket for 1 day (plus or minus $70) and Spent about 7 hours there from 2 to 9 and drove back to West Palm that night.

So, in conclusion, 7 hours. It's not the shortest, but I thought I would share!

My longest is about 7 seven days, but my fiance' and I are honeymooning there this July and we will be there for 8 days at the GF!

BMan62
06-11-2009, 10:38 AM
We're not even in the ballpark -

longest: 9 days/8 nights
shortest: 4 days/3 nights

DakotaDisney
06-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks again everyone! This is fun.

It looks like we have a new shortest record of 1/2 an hour. Wow!

And the longest is 32 days. That's amazing for a vacation!

Keep up the reports. This is interesting even if you can't beat the records.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Longest--ten days a couple of weeks ago--pure heaven!:cloud9: Really felt like a vacation.
Shortest--in the seventies when DD was little--one day. Drove all day Friday. Went to MK on Saturday. Drove home all day Sunday. Husband took one day off work! It's all we could do at the time.:mickey: