PDA

View Full Version : need advice from pop century experts

disneypk
06-05-2009, 05:27 PM
considering changing reservations for 4 nights at pofq to pop century. This could save $300. Just two adults going. Which area at Pop would be the most quiet? Do not need to be near pools, but not too far from food court/ bus stops would be nice. Also, is it generally quieter on top floor? Have read reviews about All Stars in dire need of refurb. Is this true about Pop too?

DisneyGlutton
06-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Try to reserve a preferred room; they are $10 a night extra but well worth it. And no, Pop is not in need of refurbishment yet.

Itchy
06-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I have stayed at Pop quite a few time and all I can suggest is this.

I have been in the 50's, 60's, AND 70'S. None of the rooms were bad. I have heard that the top floor is quieter since you do not have anyone walking above you.

There is only one bus stop and that is at the main hall.

The room are still very nice. If you want a room close to the food court you will need to request a preferred room. Although when we were there in February we were in a 70's building that was close to the food court and buses and was not a preferred room.

You can always ask at check in for a room close to the main hall although they cannot guarantee your request.

I don't think that you will be disappointed if you switch.

Happy Planning:mickey:

ASweetLov
06-05-2009, 09:58 PM
My first stay I stayed in 50's building #1 last room on the first floor overlooking the parking lot and I found it to be very quiet and a very short walk to Classic Hall and the busses.

justice11
06-06-2009, 02:19 AM
just got back from pop century and was very happy with it, we stayed on the second floor of the building by the pool 5960 i think it was very quiet.

hoop de do
06-06-2009, 08:46 AM
We also just got back and stayed in the 50's building next to the parking lot. It was very quiet. That is a preferred room so it will cost a bit more. Have a great vaca. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PopeCharming
06-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I have found the 90s to be very quiet indeed. If you don't mind having a giant "Fer Shure" sign in great big letters on the top of your hotel block, this could work out well.

On a map, the 90s section looks remote, but if you cut through the parking lot, you can get to the main bus terminal/food court as quickly as anyone.

JPL
06-06-2009, 10:23 PM
On a map, the 90s section looks remote, but if you cut through the parking lot, you can get to the main bus terminal/food court as quickly as anyone.

Exactly trying to walk through the entire resort paths it is quiyte far through the maze but a shortcut through the parking lot and you are almost as close to the main building and bus stop as the preferred rooms. I woould request a room overlooking hourglass lake since the rooms facing the pool tend to be noisy with people swimming after they return from the parks.

pink
06-07-2009, 01:04 PM
My DBF and I stayed at Pop in the 50's section on the top floor, facing the lake in September and it was very quiet. We were close to a pool but it was vacant most of the time, I felt that most people didn't know it was there as the pool in the 60's section was always packed. We were also fairly close to the food court. I definitley think that the top floor is quieter.:mickey:

Granny Jill A
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I prefer a top floor facing away from pools, but close to bus stop. I end up in the 70's most of the time, but the 80's and 90's a just as close, even though it looks like a long way to walk.

I did stay in the 50's one time, and the noise from the roadway kept me up quite late. Also avoid any room that faces the trash compactor at the dining hall.

I also noticed that rooms facing the areas where the housekeeping carts park are VERY noisy.

DisneyFr33k
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I woould request a room overlooking hourglass lake since the rooms facing the pool tend to be noisy with people swimming after they return from the parks.

Or request top floor facing the parking lot/woods - anything but the pool. Our room was third floor 50's, facing the bowling pin pool. You could hear children playing in the pool until 8-9pm. We requested top floor facing away from the pool too. Oh well! Good thing we were all so tired we crashed hard and the noise from the pool didn't matter too much.

dancin Disney style
06-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes, the buildings are much closer together than they appear to be on the map. We paid for a prefered room and I sort of think it was a waste. We were on the third floor of the 70's building #10. The standard room are the exact same distance from the elevator as the preferred ones. In future I would ask for a standard room in either the 70's or 60's. The 70's doesn't have a pool so it was very quite and the standard rooms in the 60's are a little past the pool. So in the 60's I would request a non-poolside room. We thought that the 60's was the closest to the food court and the buses.

Noise wise, we had a little issue with noisey neighbours but no noise from outside. Funny, the neighbours cut it out after my hubby accidentally tripped and crashed into the connecting door. We think that they must have though we were banging on the door. :secret:

BluewaterBrad
06-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Exactly trying to walk through the entire resort paths it is quiyte far through the maze but a shortcut through the parking lot and you are almost as close to the main building and bus stop as the preferred rooms. I woould request a room overlooking hourglass lake since the rooms facing the pool tend to be noisy with people swimming after they return from the parks.

JPL just gave you great advice!! When we stay at POP we like being as far away as possible. Walking does not bother us, but late at night the shortcut is great when You want to get to your room quick!:mickey:

Ksmith75
06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Definatley get a preferred room. We stayed at the POR in 07 and 08 and tried the pop last month. We really liked it. We were a two minute walk to Classic Hall - and we had a quiet room on the 2nd floor. Though we love POR, we are torn for next year - do we go to a mod or deluxe or stay at POP again. Pop really worked for us (just 2 adults too). The busses were great, food court and shop were great. The room was good - could be a little more fancy - but once we un-packed - we didnt care - it was clean and so convenient. We saved about $500.00 this year. With the savings we got our airfare and most of the rental car paid for....so we will prob stay at the pop again....

ransam
06-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Since the POP is kinda new, well compared to other resorts, it's in great shape....there's a lot to do...we played ping pong one night, walked over the generation bridge....i think you'll be happy if you move

DCDisney
06-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I've stayed in 50s, 2nd floor, I think, facing the parking lot and in 90s, 2nd floor, partially facing the parking lot. Both were okay for noise (and I'm a very light sleeper). The occaisional noise from people walking by, was all that I heard that was bothersome. You would have that at POR too. Like others have said, I'd try to have a room that does not face the pool areas since the noise does bounce off of buildings and travels quite far. I haven't heard any more noise at a value than I did at the luxury conceirge-level floor, both had noisely talking people as they walked down the halls, or had children running.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay at Pop. My visits there were both adults only, and we enjoyed the grounds, the musuem-like items in the lobby, the large pool, etc.