PDA

View Full Version : Mobil Room Ready Notification Service Launches 6/5/09

joelkfla
06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Mobile Room Ready Notification Service allows Guests who arrive prior to their select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel check-in time to simplify their resort arrival by alerting them through their cell/mobile phone when their room is available.

During the check-in process, Guests provide a cell/mobile telephone number and request a return notification preference. When the room is ready, a text message or automated call will be sent to the Guest’s cell/mobile phone number with the room number.

It'sWDW4me
06-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Nice! :thumbsup:

Ian
06-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Hopefully it will work better than the rest of the techno-disasters Disney has wrought lately.

GrumpyFan
06-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Sounds like a nice addition. If it works, it will make a lot of guests happy.

faline
06-05-2009, 02:44 PM
That would be much better than trying to guess and getting back to the resort too early!

Emme&TeddysMommy
06-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Sounds like a great idea. Hope this make waiting so much easier.

GothMickey
06-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Is this all part of the online check-in?

ToDisney
06-05-2009, 03:35 PM
When the room is ready, a text message or automated call will be sent to the Guest’s cell/mobile phone number with the room number.

Sounds GREAT!!
Let's try it out... I want to go NOW.:blush:

Simba's Mom
06-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Is this all part of the online check-in?

I hope not! I refuse to use on-line check-in, and this sounds like a great idea.

VolMickey
06-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Sweet!

MOJoe
06-05-2009, 05:29 PM
I may have a chance to use this service, as i arrive at noon on the 6th.

Wonder if i'll get a call from Kim Possible?

ElenitaB
06-06-2009, 12:14 AM
That would be much better than trying to guess and getting back to the resort too early!
Or calling a bunch of times!

I like this idea! :thumbsup: Hopefully it will work correctly.

JPL
06-06-2009, 10:42 AM
It's a good idea but certainly nothing ground breaking in. Let's hope it all works out.

LarryBoy
06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Has anybody used this mobile notification service yet? Is it up and running? I really hope it's up and running for our July trip.

nicster
06-16-2009, 11:40 AM
I am suprised it took until now for Disney to do this. I expect Disney to be on the cutting-edge of technology. That being said, we get in at midnight in September, it won't help us a bit THIS time... there is always next!!

MinnieMommie
06-18-2009, 06:08 AM
This works for me. If they txt even better! :thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
06-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Don't they already give you your room number when you check in? Since the call to my phone would come along with long distance charges for me I would pass on this feature. Any whoo, I would never be back to my room before it was ready. Once we have checked in and headed to the parks, we never return to the room until much later. The room is always ready.

BMan62
06-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Don't they already give you your room number when you check in? Since the call to my phone would come along with long distance charges for me I would pass on this feature. Any whoo, I would never be back to my room before it was ready. Once we have checked in and headed to the parks, we never return to the room until much later. The room is always ready.

If your room is not ready, they will not give you the room number, even though they will give you your KTTW card with the room already programmed onto it.

They don't want you, mistakenly, walking into a room that has yet to be vacated or is in the process of being cleaned.

crltkcagle
06-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Nice! :thumbsup:

That is terrific! :tigger:

Imagineer1981
06-18-2009, 11:07 AM
sounds great!!

LarryBoy
06-18-2009, 11:33 AM
My wife's phone has unlimited texting, so I would really like to use this. We always arrive early, so many times the room is not ready. It is kind of a hassle to call back to the resort and get your room number, and you never know that way if the room is ready early. I really hope they have this working by the time we go.

Tink#64
06-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Sounds great to me! I'm surprised as well that it took them this long to get to this point! We were just in Myrtle Beach last week and that's what some of the restaurants are doing now to notify you that your table is available instead of giving you one of those vibrating light up deals! I'm sure if you choose not to utilize this service you would just not give them your cell #, so no unwanted charges for those that this would be a problem for. But I think it's a great option for those that wish that notification! :thumbsup:

AHOTE
06-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Not sure what all the fuss is about. :) We were down in October 2008 and we stayed at SSR. We arrived at 10am as we always do, did our check in, left for the parks... we got a call at 3pm telling us that our room was ready and our luggage had been delivered. Maybe it was being tried out when we were there? It did come as a surprise to get that call.

JPL
07-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Ready might have been a bit premature since it wasn't working at CSR on June 19th :rolleyes:

LarryBoy
07-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Has anybody else run into any problems recently with the mobile room notification service?

lockedoutlogic
07-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Granted....i haven't been around for awhile (being that we had no trips on the horizon...but the mother in law has points to burn (better hers than mine:secret:) and now we are going not long after our second is due)...

but can someone summarize "techno mistakes", "pass on online check in" and "text/long distance charges" things to me?

maybe i'm just hit my head on the desk and i'm not reading this right...but are those really concerns?:thedolls: