PDA

View Full Version : D23 Expo Sep 10-13, 2009 (Discussion)

tinkwest
06-05-2009, 12:03 PM
D23 EXPO, the ultimate Disney fan experience, comes to the Anaheim Convention Center September 10-13, 2009.

Four Extraordinary Days of Live Events, Interactive Pavilions and
One-of-a-Kind Entertainment Celebrate the Past, Present and Future of Disney

Disney fans will be given unprecedented access to never-before-seen movies, TV shows, park experiences, collectibles and more from Sept. 10 to Sept. 13 at the Anaheim Convention Center when Disney and D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans present the first-ever D23 EXPO.

Read the entire article HERE (http://intercotwest.com/news.aspx?newsId=247).

InLikeSin
06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
We can't wait! Hanted Mansion anniversary event on 9-9 then D23 all day 9-10, that will be a fun trip!:number1::mickey:

meldan98
07-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm going to attend. Is anybody else?

mickeyd
07-14-2009, 10:47 PM
I'll be there!

NotaGeek
08-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Is anyone going? I really want to go, but don't think its in the cards. :(

Mufasa
08-04-2009, 08:58 PM
At the D23 Expo there will be several presentations from Imagineering offered in what's known as the Storytellers Theater including:

World of Color — Imagineer Steven Davison brings to life World of Color, the water-and-fire spectacular that will debut next year at Disney's California Adventure.
The Making of Toy Story Mania! — From its interactive elements and innovative ride system to its cutting-edge Audio-Animatronics® figure of Mr. Potato Head, Toy Story Mania! represents a new kind of Disney theme park attraction. Meet the team who helped bring it to life.
"So You Want to Become an Imagineer" — A panel of Imagineers will answer one of the most frequently asked questions of Walt Disney Imagineering — "How does one become an Imagineer?" — and will share what it's like to be one.
The Making of the U.S. Presidents — Imagineers will talk about updating both Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland and Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.
An Afternoon With Imagineering Legends — Disney Legend Marty Sklar will lead a celebration of the careers and accomplishments of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Cast Members who have been named Disney Legends.

Seating is very limited in the Storyteller Theater (500 seats) so you'll definitely want to arrive early to get into one of these sessions.

Also on the Expo floor you'll have a chance to see Lucky the Dinosaur and WALL-E that were created by WDI's Living Character program.

NotaGeek
08-04-2009, 09:32 PM
At the D23 Expo there will be several presentations from Imagineering offered in what's known as the Storytellers Theater including:

World of Color — Imagineer Steven Davison brings to life World of Color, the water-and-fire spectacular that will debut next year at Disney's California Adventure.

WAIT. WHAT? OMG. You know that I have to go now... that would be SO cool!

Mufasa
08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Any presentation where Steven Davison is going to be acting out a one of his shows as a preview you can always count on being entertaining

There will also be the major keynote presentations from Bob Iger's opening to the Expo and John Lasseter's remarks on Sunday

Then there's also the 2009 Disney Legends Ceremony immediately following Iger's keynote and the Live Auction taking place Saturday evening (admission to the auction is included in all D23 Expo tickets, but if you want to participate in the auction you need to purchase a separate $40 auctioneers package which goes on sale starting tomorrow, August 5th at 2pm Eastern).

JPL
08-07-2009, 01:17 AM
I would love to attend unfortunately the timing couldn't be worse being a teacher. I really hope the D23 people consider this fact when planning future Expos :(

Marla
08-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I will be attending the HM Event on 09/09/09, and then the Expo on09/10/09. Since, InLikeSin, meldan98, mickeyd and possibly NotaGeek says they'll be there, maybe we should have a little Intercot meet?!:tink:

braindew
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Anywone know when/if we will be getting any schedules and more specific maps? I am a D23 member and wondered if they would send the time schedules out to us with the tickets.

Also, Mufasa...all I want to know is when you will be presenting :number1:

This will be our first visit to the west coast, so seriously if you are "manning a booth" I am sure Intercotees like me would love to meet you.

Marla
08-18-2009, 12:11 AM
braindew, the D23 site has been updating information pretty regularly. There is a map of the exhibits, as well as a schedule, and now the items have been listed (for the most part) of what will be auctioned. I still think it would be great to get a chance to meet each other. I will only be there on the 10th? Anyone else going to be there on the 10th? I do not want to plan anything that will take up a tremendous amount of our time as I am sure you have plans like I do to try and do everything. So, let's see who all will be there the 10th and plan from there.:tink:

KayDee
08-18-2009, 10:56 AM
What is happening on Sept 9 for Haunted Mansion? Our family will be there for all 4 days.

NotaGeek
08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
What is happening on Sept 9 for Haunted Mansion? Our family will be there for all 4 days.
That's the special 40th anniversary celebration for the Haunted Mansion, but if you will just be in the park there's nothing "special" ... it is a special event and all the tickets are sold out. You can find our information HERE (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=148590&highlight=haunted+mansion). I believe there might be something special for D23 members via the D23 Expo (http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/index.html) going on as well.

NotaGeek
08-19-2009, 02:21 PM
THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS ADDS TO D23 EXPO EXCITEMENT
WITH PRESENTATIONS BY DISNEY STUDIOS CHAIRMAN DICK COOK AND ANIMATION CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER JOHN LASSETER, PLUS U.S. PREMIERES OF “TOY STORY” FILMS IN DISNEY DIGITAL 3D™
AND DIGITALLY RESTORED DEBUTS OF “SNOW WHITE” AND “TRON”

Burbank, California – August 19, 2009 -- The Walt Disney Studios is jumping on the D23 Expo bandwagon with four days (September 10-13) of exciting programming that includes major overviews of upcoming films by Disney Studios Chairman Dick Cook and Disney-Pixar Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter, plus a full schedule of events spotlighting new releases and newly restored digital versions of classic favorites.

Cook will present exclusive sneak peeks at such highly anticipated Disney features as “Disney’s A Christmas Carol,” Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” “Old Dogs” (with Robin Williams and John Travolta), “Prince of Persia” and “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” (both from producer Jerry Bruckheimer), “Tron: Legacy,” plus updates on many more exciting projects. Lasseter will discuss and show materials from such upcoming Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios’ motion pictures as “The Princess and the Frog,” “Rapunzel,” “Toy Story 3,” etc. Both presentations will be held at The Anaheim Convention Center in a 4000-seat arena.

All other film screenings and programs will take place in The Walt Disney Studios Theater (at the AnaheimConvention Center), a custom-built state-of-the-art venue with 3D capability, located within the Convention Center. All Disney Digital 3D™ presentations will be shown in RealD 3D, the world's most widely used 3D cinema technology. Among the U.S. premieres at the D23 Expo will be new Disney Digital 3D™ versions of “Toy Story” and “Toy Story 2,” the digital conversion of the original “Tron,” and a newly restored digital version of the Walt Disney classic “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” Expo guests will get an exclusive look at all things Muppets, as well as meet the filmmakers and see exclusive presentations for such highly anticipated new Disney features as “The Princess and the Frog,” “Toy Story 3” (from Disney-Pixar), “Tron: Legacy,” “Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure” (from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment), and the new ABC-TV holiday animated special, “Prep and Landing.”

The Expo will also debut selected scenes from the upcoming Disney Digital 3D™ version of the Studio’s 1991 modern classic, “Beauty and the Beast.” Other highlights of the four-day event include a program devoted to the music from “The Lion King,” a panel discussion and screening of “Sleeping Beauty,” and the first U.S. screening of “Trail of the Panda” (Disney’s second co-production with China). There will also be presentations on two recent documentaries – “the boys: the sherman brothers’ story” and “Walt & El Grupo.”

A special screening series, “Fifty and Fabulous,” will unspool at 10:00 pm in the Studio Theater on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights spotlighting films that are celebrating their 50th anniversary – “Darby O’Gill and the Little People,” “The Shaggy Dog,” and “Sleeping Beauty.”

D23 EXPO – WALT DISNEY STUDIOS THEATER
PROGRAM OF EVENTS

THURSDAY 9/10

1:00 PM “Beauty and the Beast” panel discussion; and screening of selected scenes in Disney Digital 3D™

4:00 PM “The Lion King” music program

7:00 PM “the boys: the sherman brothers story” panel discussion/ screening

10:00 PM “Darby O’Gill and the Little People” screening

FRIDAY 9/11

11:00 AM Dick Cook / Walt Disney Studios presentation (in the Arena)

1:00 PM Screening of “The Nightmare Before Christmas” in Disney Digital 3D™ plus Tim Burton shorts, “Frankenweenie” and “Vincent”

4:00 PM “Tron”/ “Tron: Legacy” presentation; Digital debut screening of original “Tron”

7:30 PM “Walt & El Grupo” presentation; Followed by screening of “Saludos Amigos”

10:00 PM “The Shaggy Dog” screening

SATURDAY 9/12

10:00 AM Disneynature presentation

12:00 PM “Snow White” panel discussion; Followed by screening of Restored Print

3:00 PM “Princess and the Frog” presentation

5:30 PM “Prep and Landing” presentation

7:30 PM “Trail of the Panda” screening

10:00 PM “Sleeping Beauty” screening

SUNDAY 9/13

11:00 AM John Lasseter / Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios presentation (in the Arena)

1:00 PM “Muppets” presentation

4:00 PM “Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure” screening

6:30 PM “Toy Story 3” presentation;

7:00 PM “Toy Story” and “Toy Story 2” debuts in Disney Digital 3D™

Tickets to the D23 EXPO are available at http://www.D23Expo.com (http://www.d23expo.com/). Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 EXPO and can be purchased for single days or for the full four days of festivities. Admission is $37 for a one-day adult ticket and $27 for children 3-12. Four-day passes are $111 for adults and $81 for children. Members of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans will receive a discount on up to four admissions, as well as early entry to each day of the D23 EXPO for themselves and their guests.

Special vacation packages including Disneyland Resort hotel accommodations, D23 EXPO tickets and theme park admission are available at the D23 EXPO website. Packages are available from both the Walt Disney Travel Company and the Anaheim/ Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau, which is offering a limited number of area hotel rooms at special rates to those attending the D23 EXPO.

Many more details about D23 EXPO entertainment, events and special guests will be announced in the coming weeks. Fans can keep up with all the news by visiting www.D23EXPO.com (http://www.d23expo.com/), as well as by following “Disney D23” at Twitter and on Facebook.

Mufasa
08-27-2009, 03:39 AM
I wanted to focus on one of the auction lots because I personally think this is one of the highlights of the live auction:

LOT 21

it’s a small world Experience with Disney Legend, Alice Davis

(Bidder, plus one (1) Guest)

Set sail with retired Walt Disney Imagineer and Disney Legend, Alice Davis as she takes you to places near and far on your journey through the it’s a small world attraction followed by a brief presentation and tour of our Disneyland® Resort Costuming Department. Then join Alice and a few of the Imagineers at the Walt Disney Imagineering Library as they take you through the process from concept to actual design of some of the intricate costumes worn by some of our beloved Audio-Animatronics® which exist in many of our theme park attractions. Finally, enjoy a special dining experience at one of Walt Disney’s favorite restaurants the Tam O’Shanter

Marla
08-31-2009, 07:03 PM
:nudge:Hi all. I thought it was time to 'BUMP" this back up and see if anyone would like to meet? Like I said before as much as I would like to meet you all I don't want to sacrifice Expo time to do so. So, is anyone interested? I'm thinking like at 5:00 p.m. on the 10th of September (this is the only day I will attending the Expo.). The location, I don't know any suggestions? :tink: