PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do After Parks Close?

nicster
06-05-2009, 11:10 AM
DH & I are used to going to PI to enjoy the CW or AC in the evenings for a few drinks & some laughs. We will be back in late September this year & don’t know what we will do with the after hours time. We don't really care for really loud noise places. Any suggestions, we will not have a car.

faline
06-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Head over to Boardwalk - maybe give Jellyrolls a try. Book a dinnner show such as Hoop De Doo. Go for a swim. Hang out at your resort. Shop at Downtown Disney perhaps taking time out for an ice cream.

DeniseMB
06-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Head over to Fort Wilderness for the campfire & a movie :mickey:

DCDisney
06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
head over for some miniature golfing, or head to your resort pool, and depending on the resort, this could include a stop at the poolside bar, and a stop at the jacuzzi.... several resorts also have live entertainment in their lounge area, if you want to stay inside

VolMickey
06-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep:D

Aggie97
06-05-2009, 07:49 PM
We make late dinner reservations at resort restaurants; head to the Boardwalk; shop at DTD or different resort shops; enjoy drinks at resort lounges/bars; grab dessert to eat back in the room; hop to another park for late evening EMHs. :mickey:

nicster
06-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Jellyrolls is a great idea! Thanks. I am guessing that since the parks would be closed, we would take bus to Boardwalk from what ever park we were in, then on the flip side, take bus to DTD then to our resort. Am I right?

VolMickey
06-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Jellyrolls is a great idea!

DW and I did Jellyroll's back in 1997 -- guy there did a great singing impression of Kermit the Frog doing "Rainbow Connection" Still remember that -- it was a fun night.

Spectro is #1
06-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Head on over to Ye Ha Bob Jackson's show over at POR. I like him much better than the performers at Jelly Rolls.

wire0monkey
06-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Sleep!

Seriously, I need a hot bath or a hot tub, and then I need sleep.

We start early. I'm tired by the end of the day.

BluewaterBrad
06-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Yup..... Me too!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-09-2009, 12:23 PM

Yep!!! I close my eyes when the parks close their gates. Sometimes soonerr!!

Granny Jill A
06-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Have to agree with the sleeeeep crowd. If I have any energy leftover, I usually get something to drink and head for a chair by the pool.

There is something about all those screaming kids not being my responsibility that totally relaxes me :D

joonyer
06-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Most of the time when we visit WDW there is at least one park open late with EMH, etc. and we always take advantage of late night park hours (we love the parks after dark) so we are often in the parks til 11pm or later. On the rare times when we aren't at a park late, we usually have a late dinner, after park closing, and then maybe a night-time swim at the resort before bedtime. Other options we have done occasionally are La Nouba (Cirque du Soleil) or a late movie at the AMC theatres at DTD.

Belle--86
06-10-2009, 04:27 PM
We head over Downtown Disney -- do some shopping-- grab a bite to eat. Sometimes we go catch a movie-- maybe some minigolf. This year we want to try a campfire movie-- we got rained out 2 years ago.

StitchFan#1
06-10-2009, 04:34 PM
:sheep:I go to POFQ (MY HOME RESORT) and fall in my bed literally. My mom has to yank my shoes off cuz Im asleep. Sleep is the best remedy for a busy day. Or i stop in the food court loll my head a couple times and get benyays(cant spellit im just 12) and then fall in bed. lol I can usually sleep on the bus.

steamboat willy
06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
We also MISS AC. :)
We also enjoy the Boardwalk, but have never done Jellyrolls.
StichFan...what is Benyays. I can't spell either!
Hot Tubs, good drink, Walk around your Home Resort and the Disney TV puts me to sleep.:secret:

joonyer
06-11-2009, 12:56 PM
benyays = Biegnets; (French for fried dough); a pastry made from deep-fried dough and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, is a kind of French doughnut. Made popular in New Orleans at Cafe Du Monde

bruin1344
06-11-2009, 01:11 PM
used to do pleasure island but now i do extra magic hours at MK, jellyrolls, one of the DTD bars, or relax at the hotel

Imagineer1981
06-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Head on over to Ye Ha Bob Jackson's show over at POR. I like him much better than the performers at Jelly Rolls.

He is hilarious, but with Jelly Rolls you get dualing pianos!!!

StitchFan#1
06-11-2009, 03:42 PM
benyays = Biegnets; (French for fried dough); a pastry made from deep-fried dough and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, is a kind of French doughnut. Made popular in New Orleans at Cafe Du Monde

thank you now I know how to spell them I will remember it by beig(like the color) and netslol thaks:blush:

nicster
06-12-2009, 02:32 AM

I sleep at work, where normal people do, while on vacation... I WANT TO PLAY!:thumbsup:

The Joker
06-14-2009, 09:18 AM

Biegnets = Beignets ;)

luvdiznee
06-14-2009, 09:40 AM
For us, after a long crowded day at the park we take this time to just really relax. Whether it be on a balcony (if we have one) or just in the room looking at our pictures of that day or calling friends/family back at home or DD playing with her Nintendo DS or listening to music, but yes this is our time to just relax like we are at home. ;)We don't do this every night. Other nights we go to DTD or just to the pool or pool bar. :marg:Have even done BW a few times, and that was great!

Live4WDW
06-15-2009, 01:46 PM
:mickey: Anything, and everything, whatever is still open and fun. Then relive the day, and dream about the next day to come.:D

ASweetLov
06-15-2009, 09:53 PM
After the park I am at closes and I go back to my resort I grab a snack or dessert at the food court to take back to my room with me, take a hot relaxing bath and then watch tv and go to sleep :)

Daddy Mouse
06-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Sleep!

Add a cocktail to this! :marg:

steamboat willy
06-17-2009, 03:42 PM

Sorry, I don't get out much. :confused:
What is the Ye Ha Bob Jackson Show? I take it it is in a bar at POR?

drosenbe
06-19-2009, 11:22 AM
regarding having a 'late' dinner. Many people don't realize that the park table service restaurants take reservations up to 15 minutes before park closing. So if a park is closing at 7pm, you can sit down at 6:45, have a leisurely dinner (We've never been rushed out) and then stroll through a beautifully lit, empty park back to your car or bus. Just keep an eye on the time the last tram or bus will be leaving from the parking lot.

g8rgirl29
06-19-2009, 11:55 AM
We tried shopping at DTD once after parks closed and I think everyone was there. It was so crowded that it was hard to even move and the lines were crazy!! Since that experience we decided it is more fun to grab a drink back at the room and soak in the jacuzzi!!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Bubble bath, grapes and cheese, Lifetime, crash! :faint:

EpcotFan182
06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Going to the Boardwalk is a great idea - there's a lot to do there.

I also find my favorite time to go in the pool is at night - it's a great way to unwind from a long day in the parks.

:mickey:

Lizzie
06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Before kids. Downtown Disney. Now with kids back to the hotel they go to bed and the husband goes to bed and I go relax in the pool and wind down before bed.

KatrinaJ91
07-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Have to agree with the sleeeeep crowd. If I have any energy leftover, I usually get something to drink and head for a chair by the pool.

There is something about all those screaming kids not being my responsibility that totally relaxes me :D

I so agree!! :funny:

danimator
07-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Not sure what to do now that AC's closed; but some good suggestions here. Strolling through the parks after they've closed is incredibly magical; everything lit so beautifully! But by the time I get to the bus or my room, my feet are hurting and my body's so tired, I throw on the in-room channel of old disney toon shorts, and just crash. :) That is, if there's no EMH going on...

Speedy1998
07-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Go to bed.

mrsgaribaldi
07-05-2009, 10:12 AM
We might also go shopping in DTD or relax by the pool. At the AKL we went to check out the animals outside and with the night vision goggles:thumbsup: Sometimes we walk around the resort grounds and alot of times, I go to sleep.:blush:

Piglet822
07-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Go to bed.

:funny:

That was my first thought when I read the subject line.

edhunter28
07-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I usually grab a bite to eat then head over to the pool or arcade (if its open)to unwind a bit

vws_and_disney
07-17-2009, 11:25 AM
mini golf is always a good way to fill that after park before bed void lol. we also do the pool bar grab a quick snack and cocktail and relax.

2Epcot
07-17-2009, 12:21 PM
It depends on when we are at WDW and how early the parks close. If the parks are open late, we're going to be there late, and back early in the morning, so we will go back and sleep. If it's during the time of year when the parks close earlier we will probably go to Downtown Disney.

RAIDER
07-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Normally head down to DTD or the Boardwalk for a light snack or drink :thumbsup:

antngoof89
07-18-2009, 02:15 AM
Sleep!

We do too. We start as early as possible to knock out all of the major attractions before the masses start invading the parks.

If I was going to do anything at night, I'd probably head over to Cirque du Solei (sp?) or book a reservation at the House of Blues. Anything performing arts music, dancing or theatre, would definitely entertain me for the night.

Generally though, I sleep or make a couple phone calls I couldn't make throughout the day, catch a little Sportscenter and get ready for the next day.

KronkHere
07-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Resort hot tub...

DisneyPrincess21
07-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Thank You Human Dictionary! J/k ;) :D :thumbsup:

Jodi
07-29-2009, 10:14 PM
:thumbsup:I must admit, once the parks close, we head back and go to bed. We, DH and 2DD's are typically at a park from the moment it opens to the moment it closes, so we are plenty tired by the end of the day. That way, we are refreshed and ready for the next day of excitement.
23 days and counting !!

Seasonscraps
07-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Head over to POR to watch Bob Jackson for a while.

Have a late dinner some place

Go to Jelly Rolls

Have a drink at the resort lounge

Stay in & rest

hang out by the pool/hot tub

disneyboundagain
07-29-2009, 11:00 PM
I wait until the DW and kids go to bed and then have a few cold beverages of choice on the balcony and watch and listen to the MK. It is by far the most relaxing thing I do all year. I am typically pretty high strung, but this is the ultimate chill-out. I need to wipe a tear just thinking about it...

nicster
07-29-2009, 11:36 PM
I wait until the DW and kids go to bed and then have a few cold beverages of choice on the balcony and watch and listen to the MK. It is by far the most relaxing thing I do all year. I am typically pretty high strung, but this is the ultimate chill-out. I need to wipe a tear just thinking about it...
:crying:...me too. Hey, is the future cast member thing a dream, or something that is in the works???