PDA

View Full Version : What's up with air fares, they are!!!!

Marker
06-05-2009, 10:27 AM
In the past few weeks I've been starting to watch air fares from KC to Orlando for our September 20-27 trip.

At first I was seeing some ok fares and was optimistic, hoping I'd still see a bit better.

But, within a few days, both Southwest and Airtran fares have increased dramatically.

Not happy about this. Guess I'll hold tight and hope for some more encouraging fares as the time gets closer. Come on airlines, give me some incentives to fly.

BMan62
06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Oil prices have jumped up dramatically over the past month.

Glad I locked in our September flights at $49 each way/per person on Southwest!!!

Ian
06-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm not having much luck with airfare for our August/September trip either.

I can sort of understand the return leg, because it's Labor Day and I expected to have to pay more.

But even outbound on 8/30 I'm not seeing any good fares.

Marker
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Frustrating thing is, I passed up a chance at a $49 fair (to Orlando) because it departed at 10:00 am instead of 7:00 am. The next morning when I had decided to go ahead an book it, it had already gone up. Best thing now is $139 (one way).

Guess I have time to wait, with fingers crossed.

DizneyRox
06-05-2009, 10:50 AM
For our upcoming trip, I noticed something strange with airfare. Prices keep going up. In the past, it was usually worth waiting a little bit after fares were published, but this time, the lowest fares were those released the first few days.

No Dings, and prics have just gone up and up. We locked in low, so no biggie, but I was counting on getting some credit for a future trip.

If you haven't purchased your tickets already, I would recommend that you do soon.

ali'sdad2003
06-05-2009, 10:53 AM
We have gone the end of Sept. for my past 3 trips and I have never booked before the 4th of July. It is still to early for the rates to start dropping. I got $79 each way last year from Chicago.

Be patient my friends.:thumbsup:

120 Days to go!!!!

nicster
06-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Southwest posts their specials on Monday night @ midnight, be patient.

Lakin
06-05-2009, 11:36 AM
I totally and completely know what you mean! For my November trip on the way down, we got an OK price, then for the way back, we had to pay almost $30 more per ticket! AirTran, give us a break, please!

Mitzie
06-05-2009, 08:46 PM
We were lucky to get what we thought were great rates at $58 each way, non stop Indy to Orl. on Airtran. Since we booked I noticed that seats on our exact flights have more than doubled. We fly in early Dec.