PDA

View Full Version : diamond horseshoe open now?

like2workout
06-05-2009, 09:14 AM
does anyone know if the diamond horseshoe in frontierland is open now for lunch, or if it will be by 6/11? i've never eaten there and would love to. thanks!

VolMickey
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
I thought it shut down permanently some years ago, but I'm not an expert for sure. Just hadn't noticed the last few times.

limegreenmonorail
06-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Sorry, I can't answer your question (not sure if it's open or not). But, I just wanted to let you know that I ate there a few years ago, and if the menu is still the same, you're not missing anything. When I ate there, all they had was pre-packaged sandwiches and chips. Nothing amazing. You're better off going down the street to Pecos. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
06-07-2009, 09:54 AM
1) The Diamond Horseshoe used to be a musical show.
2) It also had snacks, sandwiches and beverages.
3) It was shuttered to save manpower costs (lost of performers and staff).
4) They decided to open it during peak times as an overflow eatery to LTT.
. . . Christmas Week
. . . Thanksgiving Week
. . . etc
5) I didn't see it open last week, but did not look that carefully.

NOTE: Since they use it as overflow, there was is a lot of thought or uniqueness behind it. It is DEFINITELY NOT a must-go eatery..

crltkcagle
06-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Just got back from Disney and it was not open. Still empty and dead.

like2workout
06-07-2009, 05:02 PM
ok, thanks for all of the replies. if it was open, it was going to be a choice between that and pecos bills, but sounds like i'd do better at pecos bills anyway. thanks!

5 Mousekteers
06-21-2009, 05:27 PM
I found the information below on the main WDW internet site. We will be trying it for dinner when we are there in August.
4) They decided to open it during peak times as an overflow eatery to LTT.
. . . Christmas Week
. . . Thanksgiving Week
. . . etc

You are right on this since it mentions that the cast is dressed in LTT attire.
Please note that The Diamond Horseshoe is only open seasonally, from August 16 to October 3, 2009.

Located in Frontierland, The Diamond Horseshoe is a fun, quick-service eatery during lunch and a Casual Dining restaurant serving all-you-care-to-eat American dishes during dinner service.
At lunch, Guests can select from a menu of sandwiches (such as barbecue turkey and a meatball sub for adults; turkey or PB&J for children) and sides, including a fruit cup and potato chips.
During the all-you-care-to-eat dinner service, share mouth-watering, family-style platters of Saloon Salad (tossed mixed greens with strawberry vinaigrette dressing) and fare from the Ranchhand's Feast (roasted turkey breast, carved beef and smoked pork loin with sides of seasonal vegetables, herb bread stuffing and macaroni and cheese) served by a friendly staff dressed in Liberty Tree costumes. Beverages include soft drinks, coffee, iced tea and milk, with bottled water available for an additional charge.
Mosey on down for some mighty fine vittles!

megustamex
06-22-2009, 04:07 PM
It was open at the end of January/early Feb when we went. Wasn't a really busy time either.

garymacd
06-23-2009, 09:06 AM
ok, thanks for all of the replies. if it was open, it was going to be a choice between that and pecos bills, but sounds like i'd do better at pecos bills anyway. thanks!

Have you tried Columbia House? We were pleasantly surpprised when we tried it for the first time this past May. Different choices than the standard burgers at Pecos Bill's.