PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair Access for boats?

5togetherWDW
06-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Having been rolling our wheelchairs onto other boats on-property for years, we were very surprised when we found we could not get to the Grand Floridian via boat launch. Now, I'm wondering about a couple others. In particular, can we ride the chairs on the boats from Epcot to Boardwalk / DHS ?

Marilyn Michetti
06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
You can go on the Friendship boat from Epcot to the Boardwalk. :thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
06-05-2009, 01:14 PM
We didn't run into any issues with Boats in October and we rode alot of them. Like the previous poster said the friendship boats from the resorts to HS and Epcot you shouldn't have a problem with and the boats around World Showcase Lagoon should be fine as well. Good luck. :mickey:

ElenitaB
06-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Actually, when we were at EPCOT in 2008 for the Flower and Garden Festival, I was not allowed to board the Friendship Boat with an ECV. First time that ever has happened in my experience and I was pretty surprised by it. No reason was given.

In 2002, we weren't allowed to board the launch between WL and the MK with my mom in a wheelchair. We were told that the water levels were not high enough to make the transfer from the dock to the launch.

That said, I've always been able to take the Friendship Boats from the International Gateway to and from DHS (and stops in between).

Have a great trip!