PDA

View Full Version : All Resort No Park Getaway

Seasonscraps
06-05-2009, 12:29 AM
DH & I went to the world 5/30-6/3. We spent one night at Coronado Springs and three nights in a studio at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

It was our first and probably last visit to Coronado Springs. Check in went well - there was a bit of a line but there was a cast member directing guests to available reservation and guest service CMs to move the line along.

We were in Casita 3 room 3268. It was a king room so it was very spacious and was in good order when we got there but it was not one of the renovated rooms. It was located near the fitness center and quiet pool. The building is really big and it felt like we had to drag our stuff around the building longer then should be necessary but then every thing at CS seemed to be a longer walk then necessary. I felt like we always had to walk around the long ways to get someplace.

I will say the room was a pleasant 5 minute walk along the lake to El Centro where the restaurants, gift shop and lounges are located.

We had lunch at the Pepper Market. I knew there was some sort of waitress service but I didn't understand the need for someone to get drinks when we still had to go around and order/carry food around.

Me: Hamburger with fries, soda - the burger was inedible luckily the fries were cripsy with just the right amount of salt.

DH: shrimp cocktail and deli sandwich, soda. He said the sandwich was ok and we both thought the shrimp portion was skimpy in size and quantity for the price.

Total bill: 43.07

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the main pool. It seemed crowded. We had a couple of drinks at the pool bar. The bartender was friendly. We wished we knew there was a snack bar at the pool - it could only be a vast improvement over the meal we had at Pepper Market.

We were beat after traveling all day so we stayed in Saturday night. I grabbed some stuff from the grab & go place. A ham & cheese sandwich, piece of cheese pizza, 3 sodas - $27. I thought $9.75 for the pizza was grossly overpriced - you can get a whole pizza pie for about $20 at Boardwalk walk up window, this was about a quarter the size of that.

Sunday we moved over to VWL - our room was ready really early! Room 1510. It was clean except for the feet smell in the closet - we let housekeeping know about that. The layout was not really logical. The TV (which was really small!) was directly in front of the bed so you couldn't see it from the couch. Dh was fighting a bad cold so he slept a lot and it was hard to relax in the room and not bother him at the same time.

We had lunch at Fudruckers - right outside the property. DH loves their burgers and the only one near us closed a while back. We had dinner at Longshore Steakhouse (on 192) so I could have my favorite ribs.

We spent the afternoon sitting by the pools and rented Sea Raycers for about 30 minutes. They were a lot of fun!!

Momday we went to DTD for lunch at Earl of Sandwich. DH had the Earl of Club and I had grilled chicken with fresh mozz & balsamic vinegar. With 2 drinks and a potato salad side the total was $20. It was DELICIOUS!

Another pool day :D

Dinner was at ESPN. I had the chicken dinger sandwich, a beer and a diet coke, dh had the cheesesteak sandwich with 2 drinks. Everything was really good - total check was about $60 with the tip (or there abouts).

After dinner we went to Jellyrolls! We had a great time like always! :thumbsup:

Tuesday - pool day! Shocking, huh? :D We just snacked during the day.

The pool time at VWL were split between the quiet pool, main pool, and Trout Pass pool bar. The bartenders at Trout Pass are great - really friendly and great service. This is our 4th or 5th stay there and it's like running into old friends.

Wenesday we came home!

Overall it was a really really really relaxing weekend. :D

DizNee143
06-05-2009, 09:02 AM
sounds like a wonderful weekend you and your hubby had! well besides him having a cold..(hope hes feeling better)..
im staying at the WL in sept..seems you really enjoy it with all your visits there!! i cant wait!!
and i love how you didnt have to go to the parks to have a good time!! as long as im in disney im a happy camper..parks are just a plus..lol..:mickey:

yjgirl32
06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Glad to hear you able to relax. Thanks for sharing.

faline
06-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Sorry you didn't enjoy Coronado Springs! It's my favorite moderate resort though, like you, I'm not a big fan of the Pepper Market and avoid eating there!

Sounds like you had lots of time to relax! Not sure I could travel all the way to Disney World, though, and not go into any of the parks - just don't think I'd relax knowing they were so close by and I wasn't there!

Dixie Springs
06-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Great report! The 'non-park' trips can be quite relaxing. We did that for a few days before our Disney cruise last year - had a blast.

pdrlkr
06-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
06-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the report.

garthbarth1
06-07-2009, 02:26 PM
sounds like you had a great time!

mouseketeer mom
06-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Aaah! So close to the parks and you didn't go in!! I don't know if I could do that either. Your time does sound relaxing though!

darko aggie
06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Sounds like my kind of weekend!:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Aaah! So close to the parks and you didn't go in!! I don't know if I could do that either. Your time does sound relaxing though!

We almost caved and went to the MK on the last night but changed our minds. :D

SBETigg
06-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Sounds like fun! We had a four day trip in April, and we would have liked more resort time. We had a nice mix of park and resort, but I could see us enjoying a resort-only trip sometime in the future. So relaxing. Thanks for the report!

princessgirls
06-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Sounds like a wonderful time!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great time. Someday I would like to try a trip without the parks (but not sure I could manage the entire stay without at least visiting a wee bit). This sounds like a nice long weekend getaway! :mickey: