PDA

View Full Version : Does crowd really go down after Jan.1st?

buzz638
06-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone,

We are looking at the first week of January 2010, and heard that the crowd level really go down after January 1st. Is this true ? If you could share your experiences during that period i would really appreciate it :thumbsup:.

Thank you very much

Buzz

CanadianWDWFan
06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
We stayed over through January 4th a couple of years ago and noticed that the crowds did go down after the first, but it wasn't until the 4th that we noticed any BIG drop in numbers.

This said, we will not be going back to WDW over New Years, the crowds are too big for us and we are folks who tend to go during busy times. We checked in on Dec. 31st and MK was already filled to capacity at 11:00am!!! We went to MGM(it was still MGM then) and still had to fight the crowds. We got up early on New Years day to hit Mk and really the crowds weren't there until later in the morning. I guess everyone was sleeping in a bit from the night before. :) When the crowds did arrive at MK later in the morning it became to much for us and we headed back to the resort from some pool time.

Strmchsr
06-04-2009, 11:07 AM
I was there this past January the week after New Years. Yes, crowds drop after Jan 1 (or sometimes 2-3 depending on when the first falls), but they don't disappear completely. It was still decently crowded (though not unmanageable) the entire first week. Maybe part of it had to do with the marathon that weekend.

faline
06-04-2009, 11:52 AM
I would suspect the crowds will drop after the 3rd of January next year. The 1st is on a Friday so folks will likely stay through the weekend and head out on Sunday the 3rd.

mykidsmom
06-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I have been the first week of January for the last 10 years. Although recently the crowds have become a bit heavier than in years past, it is the least crowded I have experienced. Usually the Monday or Tuesday following New Year's Day thru the end of the week. Most attractions are walk on's to 10 min wait max.I do, however, try to avoid the Marathon weekend, as I have found it is busier then. I never have had to make a ressie for a restaurant, there is always room at any one we have tried. The weather is changeable, but I prefer January over the summer heat. Have a great time on whatever dates you choose!

buzz638
06-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Thank you very much everyone, i knew i could count on you :thumbsup:

Buzz

ilovemyjj31
06-14-2009, 12:56 AM
I have been to Disney a few diff times during the year from my experience we have found the least of crowds the 1st-2nd week of Dec, and the the week before presidents weekend the best times so far. But, ya gotta just go with the flo, eat at different times, a lot of families leave the parks at lunchtime for naps, and pool time, We are die hard park hoppers..lol, we go to the parks from rope drop to closing, and we have 3 kids...but, like I said eat at off times, get some snacks to hold you over, and have fun, don't rush to get everything in.Your on vacation enjoy it!!!:thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I've been the 3rd week in Jan. It was less crowded and the weather is really comfortable.