PDA

View Full Version : Grouchy Resort bartenders

PetefromRI
06-03-2009, 07:24 PM
What's up with the bartenders at Disney lately?When we stayed at POFQ we seemed to run into the most grouchy BT's.They almost acted like it was an inconvenience to make a drink for you.We've also incountered this at other resorts.The pool lounge BT at CSR was one of the best and the girls at the Banana Cabana are the best on site.The one at the Scat Cat and poolbar at POFQ were the worst though.I really do miss the oldschool Disney service.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear that!

DH loves his afternoon drink at the poolside bar (while DD and I swim), and he didn't have any issues at POR or POFQ.

However, we did notice that the bar was closed more than usual :confused:

BigRedDad
06-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I think it depends on which ones you meet. There are good and bad ones. That is why I will not tip a poor bartender.

KatMark
06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
What's up with the bartenders at Disney lately?When we stayed at POFQ we seemed to run into the most grouchy BT's.They almost acted like it was an inconvenience to make a drink for you.We've also incountered this at other resorts.The pool lounge BT at CSR was one of the best and the girls at the Banana Cabana are the best on site.The one at the Scat Cat and poolbar at POFQ were the worst though.I really do miss the oldschool Disney service.

I'm betting you had Francisco at the pool bar at CSR (Siesta's). Francisco is the best!

Seasonscraps
06-03-2009, 09:23 PM
I can't stand it when bartenders are grouchy or just plain bad. I remember a few years DH & I were hanging out at Leaping Libations - sitting at the bar chatting with each other and the bartender for a couple of hours. When we checked out we left a really good tip. The next day the same guy acted like he never saw us before. I was so annoyed -- DUDE, we were here yesterday! Not last week, month or year....yesterday. We didn't walk up to get a drink and walk away...we sat here for 2 hours and had a conversation with you.

Then there are others that are just fantatic like the crew at the Trout Pass Bar at the Wilderness Lodge. There were two great guys that worked at POR but they are no longer with Disney :(

garymacd
06-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Did you complain? They can't fix the problems if they don't know they exist. Maybe you'll get free stuff.

We love free stuff.

MOJoe
06-04-2009, 11:16 AM
I'll bet you had the same bartender i had at POFQ. He was from New Jersey and had quite an attitude. Very good at his job, but not a warm fuzzy kind of guy. We talked for a while, and i complemented him on being a good bartender. His reply, "Thanks, but most people say i'm ...........I'll never forget that one.

jakeybake
06-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Funny you should say that because I came across the grouchiest, most miserable bartender ever at the ESPN Club during my trip in March.

I mean he was MISERABLE!! He acted like anyone asking him for a drink or a menu was asking him to have a colonoscopy. It was so bad that I was uncomfortable every time someone approached him because I could just see it coming. Like driving by a car accident. You don't want to look but you just have to.

Best part of all was that I was back with the family in April and we went to ESPN for dinner a couple of nights. The second time there we sat at a booth by the bar and I started to tell my wife about him. Lo and behold who do I see working the bar a few minutes later but El Groucho! He was just as bad as he was when I was there in March. It actually was quite comical for my wife and I to watch him because it was soooo bad that it reminded us of something you would see on SNL.

Jay

artyboy
06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Our favorite bartenders are at Typhoon Lagoon...Dolly and Michael. The two of them are awesome!

Sorry you got a bad one!

Aurora
06-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Funny you should say that because I came across the grouchiest, most miserable bartender ever at the ESPN Club during my trip in March.

I mean he was MISERABLE!! He acted like anyone asking him for a drink or a menu was asking him to have a colonoscopy. It was so bad that I was uncomfortable every time someone approached him because I could just see it coming. Like driving by a car accident. You don't want to look but you just have to.

Best part of all was that I was back with the family in April and we went to ESPN for dinner a couple of nights. The second time there we sat at a booth by the bar and I started to tell my wife about him. Lo and behold who do I see working the bar a few minutes later but El Groucho! He was just as bad as he was when I was there in March. It actually was quite comical for my wife and I to watch him because it was soooo bad that it reminded us of something you would see on SNL.

Jay

This gave me a chuckle but you just HAVE to give more details. Did he glare at customers? Slam the drinks down? What?

MNNHFLTX
06-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I had to respond to this thread, because in all my years of moderating the Accommodations forum, this topic is a first! Although I'm not quite sure why you ran across so many grumpy bartenders. Maybe with the economy people are tipping them less? So then they get cranky and get even fewer tips??

SBETigg
06-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I've only had a grumpy bartender once at WDW. We know him by name after all our visits and he's usually very friendly, so we chalked it up to a bad day. He was back to his usual self later that same day. The Tambu Lounge and Mizner's are my two favorite lounges in WDW.

epceddie
06-04-2009, 11:04 PM
My wife and I love to go to the House of Blues and ask the bartenders to make their favorite rum drinks. They've all been great.

Ditto for the BT's at the Hard Rock Cafe and Margaritaville at Universal.

All the BT's we've come across have been lots of fun with great personalities.

Sorry to hear about El Groucho. If you can't have fun being a bartender there's something wrong with you. I'm surprised he's lasted that long with his attitude. He should remember that the job market is tough and be happy that he still has a job.

NYChica23
06-18-2009, 08:43 AM
The same thing happened to my aunt when we were at CSR on September 07. The bartender at the pool area was nice to everyone else, but for some unexplainable reason, he was rude to my aunt when she kindly asked him to not put ice in her lemonade. A couple of days later, she sent her 8 year old daughter to get some lemonade, and she ended up spilling some of it on herself because the very same bartender had deliberately left the top of the mug open. My aunt demanded to talk to the manager after that incident, and when we got back home, she was going to phone the resort to let them know about the bad service she received.

BugeyedMuggy
06-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Sam at the Wave is a great bartender. Dee at POP was really great too. One grouchy bartender we met he said he got paid $4.00 an hour to be there and I guess I would be pretty miserable if I had to work for that.

Seasonscraps
06-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Sam at the Wave is a great bartender. Dee at POP was really great too. One grouchy bartender we met he said he got paid $4.00 an hour to be there and I guess I would be pretty miserable if I had to work for that.

With tips, he'd make a lot more then $4 an hour if he were not so grouchy. :thumbsup: