PDA

View Full Version : CSR Review and Visit

Yvette
06-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Just had to share my thoughts on Coronado Springs. We spent our arrival night on Memorial Day prior to switching to the Polynesian for a week.

What a great resort!! I was pleasantly surprised. We went in with an open mind since we have only stayed at Deluxe Resorts in the past. Since accommodation prices are through the roof I wanted to experience for myself a moderate resort.

1st: The grounds are breathtaking! Seriously! I wanted to stay in a new Casitas room. When we were assigned a Cabana room, the CM had no problem switching us to Casitas 4, 2nd floor.

2nd: Very nice room. As a matter of fact, the linens were better quality than the linens at the Polynesian!! DD complained about the "scratchy" sheets and inferior pillows at the Poly.

3rd: Food and Drinks. We picked up a sandwich and cake from the quick serve (Rics?). Good quality and friendly CM's.
The lounge was quite nice and had good quality drinks. :marg:

4th: Pools. High quality and very clean. Also, the quiet pools were: QUIET. What a concept. While I know Disney is for kids of all ages, it is nice to go to a quiet pool for a few laps. :cloud9:

5th: CMs were wonderful. DD decided she needed ear plugs late at night and when the very pleasant CM at the store couldn't find them, the Concierge staff stepped right in and got them from Housekeeping. :thumbsup:

Now as a former Deluxe Snob I can honestly say we have a new favorite resort! And save a few bucks in the process! :D

BluewaterBrad
06-03-2009, 05:33 PM
We love the CSR also!!:mickey:

nicster
06-03-2009, 05:46 PM
We were at CS in 2004 & I had many of the same impressions. I love the grounds, that big beautiful lake in the middle of the grounds is breathtaking, especially at sunset & early in the mornings. We tried the CBR in 2007 & are going back again in September, loved it even more. You have lots of ‘research’ to do, don’t you?? Life is good:mickey:

jrkcr
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm so glad you enjoyed CSR as much as we do....but let's not tell anyone else about it(keep the crowds away) :secret:

Seriously tho, as much as I would like to try out other resorts, I keep coming back to the idea that CSR is so quiet, peaceful, and pretty-why go anywhere else?

nicster
06-03-2009, 06:47 PM
It sounds like you like a lot of the same things we do. Pretty you can buy, but quiet isn't always possible. The food court is really different there from the other resorts too, as I recall. We were there during hurricane Charlie, and things were somewhat different than would be ‘normal’ I am sure. I remember going to the Mexican Food area of the food court and the nice CM made my tostada into more of a salad, adding to & taking away to suit my taste! Love being a princess!! The only thing that I really didn’t like was, we had a long walk to get to the bus stop. The thing we really liked at CBR was a very short walk to the bus. Maybe you had a car, or we were just in a building on the far side of CS.

RedSoxFan
06-03-2009, 06:56 PM
If we go in November; I'm seriously considering CSR. Lots of good reviews, recently renovated and queen beds!!

buzznwoodysmom
06-03-2009, 08:00 PM
We stayed at CSR in 2007 for Thanksgiving week and loved it!! We were very impressed with the entire resort and would stay there again!

buzz2001
06-03-2009, 08:04 PM
That's why I love it so! :secret::secret:

faline
06-03-2009, 08:04 PM
It's definitely my favorite moderate! I like that it has so many of the deluxe amenities at a moderate price!

Yvette
06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
It's definitely my favorite moderate! I like that it has so many of the deluxe amenities at a moderate price!

Well said! That was exactly what I thought. Casitas 4 was right by the bus stop and the service to MK was fast and as efficient as any other resort.

As a matter of fact my daughter was bummed that we had to leave for the Poly.

KatMark
06-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm so glad you enjoyed CSR as much as we do....but let's not tell anyone else about it(keep the crowds away) :secret:

Seriously tho, as much as I would like to try out other resorts, I keep coming back to the idea that CSR is so quiet, peaceful, and pretty-why go anywhere else?

I couldn't have said it better. We had to cancel our 8th stay at CSR this coming September, but our plan is to be back in 2010 (with a split stay with the AKL for two nights--I just really want to try a Savannah view room, but we'll make CSR the last resort for seven nights because it is just PERFECT to us.

Seasonscraps
06-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I am glad you enjoyed your stay there!

I stayed there for the first time last week and didn't love it. We were in Casita 3 - we reserved a king bed so that was nice but the room did not appear to be renovated. I felt like we were too far from the main pool but the stroll to El Centro was really pleasant. I liked that they had an outdoor bar there with some food service and a really nice area to sit to eat/drink/relax.

All the CMs were really friendly & helpful!!

KatMark
06-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I am glad you enjoyed your stay there!

I stayed there for the first time last week and didn't love it. We were in Casita 3 - we reserved a king bed so that was nice but the room did not appear to be renovated. I felt like we were too far from the main pool but the stroll to El Centro was really pleasant. I liked that they had an outdoor bar there with some food service and a really nice area to sit to eat/drink/relax.

All the CMs were really friendly & helpful!!

Sorry you didn't love it. Casitas 3 is one of the three Casitas buildings that is NOT renovated (they only did the fourth floor of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 and still have the three lower floors to do).

Seasonscraps
06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
That figures....LOL

TikiLounger
06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
We're staying at Coronado Springs Resort in January. We have 3 rooms to accommodate 6 people. This thread is making me feel so much better. I read some terrible reviews on Trip Advisor...you guys are making me happy! BTW, I think the resort looks gorgeous based on the pictures I've seen on the internet. I can't wait to try it out...

Disney Doll
06-08-2009, 02:05 PM
We love CSR too. It's our favorite moderate by far.

artyboy
06-08-2009, 02:54 PM
We've stayed there 3 times...by far my favorite moderate...even before the remod!

Yvette
06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
I can't say enough how beautiful the resort was. Very romantic and peaceful at night.

Like I said, it was an experiment. We have only stayed Deluxe in the past, I wanted to give a moderate a try ($400 a night is getting rediculous in my humble opinion).

We are already planning to return to our new favorite resort in December of 2010....let the planning begin!!!!! :cloud9:

buzz2001
06-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I can't say enough how beautiful the resort was. Very romantic and peaceful at night.

Like I said, it was an experiment. We have only stayed Deluxe in the past, I wanted to give a moderate a try ($400 a night is getting rediculous in my humble opinion).

We are already planning to return to our new favorite resort in December of 2010....let the planning begin!!!!! :cloud9:Wait until you see it at x-mas time.

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/content/xmas.htm

ginny57
06-12-2009, 07:03 PM
FYI....this thread made up my mind...just booked CSR for October. :thumbsup:

Has anyone been to Rix? Just wondering.....

DizneyFreak2002
06-12-2009, 07:39 PM
I have to agree that Coronado Springs is a beautiful resort... Just big... I stayed there once and loved it...

Lucyrella
06-14-2009, 10:06 PM
This is good to know, we will be staying there for the first in November right after Thanksgiving.... so I like the positive feedback, thanks for sharing!:mickey:

SheLovesDisney
06-15-2009, 01:28 PM
These posts have made my day! We will be staying at CSR in August and I am getting more excited by the second!! Thanks so much for the review!

Giselle
06-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Glad to hear it. You've persuaded me to book CSR for our Fall trip!

buzz2001
06-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Glad to hear it. You've persuaded me to book CSR for our Fall trip!Have a great trip!

Yvette
06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Buzz,

We went to Rix for Margaritas. Very good, the place is cute, kind of European looking. DD said it looked like some of the Russian clubs they go to in Downtown Chicago.

Cute bartenders....in case you're interested. :blush:

buzz2001
06-19-2009, 05:59 AM
Buzz,

We went to Rix for Margaritas. Very good, the place is cute, kind of European looking. DD said it looked like some of the Russian clubs they go to in Downtown Chicago.

Cute bartenders....in case you're interested. :blush:Yes, it definitely has a modern look to it.

buzz2001
07-01-2009, 08:13 AM
These posts have made my day! We will be staying at CSR in August and I am getting more excited by the second!! Thanks so much for the review!Have a great trip!

rocg
07-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Have a great trip!

buzz its me tucco good to see you again..:blush:

buzz2001
07-02-2009, 08:03 AM
buzz its me tucco good to see you again..:blush:Welcome aboard!

KatMark
07-02-2009, 09:38 PM
buzz its me tucco good to see you again..:blush:

Hey, I've missed you. Where have you been????

buzz2001
07-07-2009, 05:52 AM
It's definitely my favorite moderate! I like that it has so many of the deluxe amenities at a moderate price!That's my thought as well.

buzz2001
07-08-2009, 06:24 AM
FYI....this thread made up my mind...just booked CSR for October. :thumbsup:Good choice! Have a great trip!