PDA

View Full Version : An afternoon activity?

IloveJack
06-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I figured I could save some money by not going to a park the day we go to MNSSHP. We're going to have breakfast at Chef Mickey's that morning, but until I call, I'm not sure what time. What would you do between breakfast and 4pm other than swim at the resort or go to DTD? By the way, it's me, my DH, and (turning 1) DD.

Have any of you taken your 12 month old to a water park? Is it worth the $70ish for 7-8 hours in a water park? Is it worth the chance that we'll be exhausted and not up for MNSSHP?

Figment78
06-03-2009, 12:32 PM
You could visit the Magic Kingdom resorts and ride the monorail!

And there's probably a nap in there somewhere judging from your child's age.

Lakin
06-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Go resort hopping! It's very fun, yet relaxing. You'll get to experience a bunch of new things that look neat, and you won't be exhausted. Not to mention it's free!

ThanxForNoticin
06-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Personally, I don't think the water park admission would be worth it with a 1 year-old. If your DD loves the water, the resort pool would probably offer more fun and less cost.

If you are starting the day at Chef Mickey's, perhaps enjoying some time on Disney transportation would be interesting. Take a monorail ride (around the MK loop or to EPCOT). Take the ferry boat from TTC to MK and back. Take a boat ride to Fort Wilderness - it's been quite awhile for us being there, but they used to have a small petting zoo and you could walk through the horse stables there (I hope someone can correct me if either of those are not available anymore). I expect you could enjoy a lot of inexpensive things that your DD will enjoy for a few hours. Have a wonderful trip!

madandmaksmom
06-03-2009, 09:37 PM
If you go to DTD, there is a little train ride, a small carousel, and my DD just LOVED playing in the fountain and chasing the jumping water last summer. She was 15 months at the time.